Epilogue

Summer of 2052.

A year since the Mizel incident. Seven months after Cradle.

Evangeline Me-

Evangeline Hope Avalstone smiled brightly when they arrived at the vacation house. The sun was hot, the water was cold, the sand was perfect, and all her friends are together. Nothing could be better.

"Eva!" Jessica yelled from the back of their minibus. She and Asuka were spending the summer with them. "Stop staring and help us with the luggage!"

"Sorry! Be right there!" She turned to the ocean once again before running to where the rest of them are.

~~~~~

"SAND WAR!!!"

"No!"

A certain Russian had the brightest idea to begin throwing sand like they're snowballs at a certain blonde boy. None of them knew how or since when, but apparently they too were a couple now... of sorts.

They turned to each other for a minute before proceeding their game of volley ball. Team 1 was Ban, Hiro, Ran, Gouda and Sendou. Team 2 was Jin, Yuuya, Asuka, Jessica and Eva. Yagami was the referee along with Takuya, while Rina and Olivia were building a sandcastle together, and Ami, Kazuya and Izayoi were playing in the water.

"It's a real shame that Hugo-san and the professors couldn't come." Ran hummed as she hit the ball above the net.

"They're busy so it can't be helped." Eva passed it back to the other side. "Though, I hope they don't overwork themselves."

"They said they'd be here tomorrow, right?" Hiro asked, deflecting it.

"Sure hope so." Jessica did the same.

Gouda smiled. "This one will break the tie!" He hit the ball upwards and went to hit it again, but it went to the other side instead.

On his instict, Jin jumped and slammed it down, earning his team the final point.

"Nice one!" Jessica cheered.

"Jin, that was great!" Asuka said happily.

The black and white haired boy smiled apologetically. "Yuuya, sorry I stepped on your back."

"Don't worry about it! I'm fine!" He replied, returning the smile.

Ban laughed from his position on the sand. He had slid in hopes of hitting the ball before it touched the field, but failed. "That was a fun game."

"Let's play another round!" Hiro said excitedly. "This time, whoever scores 10 points first wins!"

"If I had my cards with me, I'm sure the Wheel of Fortune would be the one in my hand." Sendou smirked.

"Yeah, reversed!" Niara called from the water, gathering more wet sand to hit Kirito with. "And I don't even know what's going on! I just want Eva to win!"

The blonde girl giggled. "Thanks Niara!"

Ban got up and looked around for the ball. "Oh! Mizel! Can you pass it back to us please?"

The little droid looked up from his picnic mat and found the ball right next to him. A giggle could be heard. "You're going to have to catch me first." He picked up the ball in his mouth and ran off.

"Mizel!" Eva laughed as she and the rest chased after him. After being in her head for so long, he must've been influenced by her childishness. They were even more similar now than ever. And they understood each other better too.

The past few months hadn't always been an easy ride. It had its ups and downs. But right now, they were all happy.

That was all that mattered.