Truth is Out... pt1

Evangeline Mech:

I sighed as I blankly poke the Killer Droid in my hands right now. He didn't comment about it and just looked up at me.

"Are you not going to see the professor today?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I guess I am... Maybe... I don't know..."

"I'll still be here once you get back."

I shook my head. "It's not about that. It's just that, I really don't want to get into that conversation again."

He nodded. "She isn't giving up about that hm?"

I held him tighter. "I know she means well, but the apartment they live in... It's the exact same one that I used to live in..."

"Back then with Hugo... Right?" He confirmed.

I nodded. "I don't know how ironic this coincidence is, but I really don't like it... Just... Maybe she doesn't know?"

"Or maybe it's because she knows that she's inviting you." He replied. "She knows, so she wants you to have your old home back."

"I don't want it. I'm not even there, but the nightmares still keep coming." I shook my head. "I'll just think about it a bit more and give my answer later."

He got off of me and went into a dog's sleeping position on my bed. "I'll see you later. Be sure you remember about our trip later."

I nodded and stood up. "Yeah. See you." I walked out of the room, and went straight to Tiny Orbit.

~~~~~

The scan went alright. Nothing bad happened. I looked to the side and found a calendar. By then, I just realized how quick time passed by. It's near the end of November. It's Friday and we have a long weekend because the electronics at school went haywire last week. They're still trying to repair them until now.

Everyone knows I'm keeping the killer droid in my room. They don't mind as long it doesn't cause any trouble. I'm not sure how many people knows abot Mizel though. Kirito probably knows, Niara doesn't seem to care and Jin...

I haven't really been seeing him around lately. After our last conversation, he always leaves early and comes back late. Either that or he says he's got somehing else to do. I haven't been in touch with Izayoi either.

Kenneth has college and those three girls he introduced me to are staying with him I assumed. I got off the scanner and looked around the professor's office. It was tidy compared to her place at Future Hope. The walls, tiles and cieling was all white. The tables and shelves all seemed to be made of polished oak. All of them had electronics on them. The professor was busily typing away on her monitors.

"Am I clear today as well?" I asked.

She nodded. "Still no problems within your AI, but your heart rate is unstable." She pointed out. "You seem to be stressed about something. Do you want to talk about it?"

I felt myself froze but shook my head with a smile. "No, it's fine. I'll just be leaving now. Thank you professor."

I walked out of the room and sighed when I closed the door. I walked down the hallway and ran into Izayoi along the way.

I smiled at him. "Good morning Iza-kun."

He stared at me for a bit and then grunted. "Eva. I know I promised you, but I'm sorry to say I can't keep it."

I felt my heart sank slightly. "... So that's why I haven't seen him lately..."

He placed a hand on my shoulder. "An order from Jin is above a request from you. I'm sorry Eva, but that's just how it is."