Gaining Help

Evangeline Mech:

This is quite a bold move you're making, sister.

Well that's IF he agrees. Iza-kun is quite obedient to Professor Oozora, so asking him would be challenging.

Not as challenging as getting me into that body.

Can't you just transfer yourself?

Getting into an LBX is different from getting into that beast.

How so?

You wouldn't understand the process through words.

Yeah, sure...

I walked into the lab, taking a small peek at Prof. Oozora's window. She was busy on her computer talking to the silver heaired boy I hoped to find. When he walked out of the room, I grabbed onto his shoulders and dragged him to the corner.

"Wha-?! Eva, what are you-" I cut him off. "Ssshhh! Don't let the professor know I'm here! Now, do you know some place we can talk without worrying about security?"

He sighed and nodded. "Come on. There's this one lab that only college people use on their fieldtrip. The only security there are the two guards. There's never anything important going on in there so they don't find it necessary to install cameras."

"Alright."

We went in and I was surprised to see the lights on. Izayoi just told me that often people come in to take stuff, but forgets to turn it off afterwards. "It gets annoying, but whatever. So what did you want to talk about?"

I took a deep breath. "When I tell you, promise me that you won't freak out and you will never, ever tell Jin, Niara, or anyone ever, alright?"

He seemed taken aback but nodded. "I promise."

I took another deep breath. "Okay. So a month ago, I found out Mizel is still around, he found my AI, came to me and now his mind is in my head. We're planning to get him a new body since it's impossible to get his old one, but for now we're going to be moving him to a different body because the copy of his old one that we want to get him into is in Country A but we can't go there now because I have school. Now, the body that I want to get him into is in the Innovator Research Lab, the one where Doctor Kaidou built his missle not the one under the mansion, the body is small but at least the pieces should still be there and I can rebuild it so we just need a way to build it fast and put Mizel in that body while we're there and I can make an appropriate excuse to bring the thing home too so will you help me?"

He looked at me dumbfounded. "I'm sorry... What?"

I sighed. "To put it shortly, I need your help getting Mizel into the Killer Droid Pegasus... Or whatever's left of it."

His eyes widen in an instant. "You want me... To help you... put the brain of someone who tried to destroy the world... Into something that even has the word 'killer' in its name? Do you have any idea how crazy that sounds?"

Yes, but would you prefer I stay in Eva's mind for the rest of her life?

I repeated to Izayoi what Mizel said to me. He facepalmed. "Well... No..."

"Besides, I can always take out all the weapons in its systems." I said shrugging.

"Even if I help, didn't that white dragon thing got destroyed in Mizel Trouzer as well? I don't think it's at the lab." He said with arms crossed.

I nodded. "Yes, I know. I'm planning to rebuild it."

"Why that of all things?"

"Because it's amazing! And at some aspects adorable too!"

He looked at me questioningly. "Ador
... Really...?" Then he sighed but nodded. "Okay... Okay! Alright, I'll help. But you're taking responsibility."

"Of course." I said happily. "Thanks Iza-kun!"

Then I heard something break. Izayoi looked up. "Who's there?!"

A boy with black hair and brown eyes appeared from behind a shelf. I tilted my head in confusion, but Izayoi just facepalmed again. "Kenneth? You heard all that?"

The man named Kenneth nodded. "Sorry, Kusanagi. I didn't know when to come out." He then turned to face me. "Greetings, my name is Kenneth Au Zhi Bin. Everyone calls me Ken or Kenneth."

I nodded. "My name is Evangeline Mech. My friends call me Eva." I looked down. "So this means you heard everything?"

I expect to get scolded by this person, or for him to question why I would bring someone like Mizel back, but I got somehing else instead. "I would say your experiment is quite interesting. And I overheard you need help to rebuild the pieces of the said Killer Droid?"

"And get past security." I added. "After the incident, Yagami-san put tight security around the lake so no one can use it's laboratories or computer systems."

He nodded. "I think I can help with that."

My ears perked up. "You will? But why?"

"As much as I dislike him for terrorizing the world, I'm very impressed with his advanced knowledge about future technology. I guess you could say that, I want to learn more from him?" Kenneth said. "And as for security... I have a sister who has a friend that is really good with tactics. She should be able to help. All three of them should."

"3? So they're a team?" Izayoi asked.

"Best in Malaysia." The man said, smiling. "I'll call them and try to get them to come by next week."

"Will they even agree to this though?" I said worriedly. "I mean... It's Mizel that we're bringing back... Are you sure they'll be able to understand my point of view?"

"Mizel is important to you, isn't he?" Kenneth asked.

I nodded. "Of course. He's my brother."

He seemed surprised at that fact, but nodded. "If that is the case then I'm sure they will."

"Don't worry Eva. We're behind you all the way." Izayoi said reassuringly.

I smiled. "Thank you. Both of you."

~~~~~

We took the train to get there and when we were at the fence, I bowed to them apologetically. "Again, sorry if this is a bother to the five of you! And the three of you especially, sorry for making you come all the way to Japan on such short notice."

"Too late for that." A girl with dark brown hair said.

"We're already here." A black haired girl smiled.

"Let's just get this done." The brown haired said with a shrug.

"Thank you, Susan, Lillian, Philicia!" I said happily. I hack-opened the gate and proceed to lead the others through. Even though I was excited to bring Mizel back, one thing kept going through my head as we walked. The more I thought about it, the more pressure and hesitant I feel about doing this.

If anyone finds out, I'm not the only one who'll get in trouble...

~~~~~

Susan, Lillian, Philicia and Kenneth belongs to LAXH1107