Escape

The door bursts open and startled the blonde. He was so focused on the others that he forgot to look out for himself. He made a move to grab his CCM, but he didn't need to. The drone was shot at the three open spots, right on the wires, and it stopped in it's tracks. Behind it, he spot the two in charge of picking him up.

The Russian girl sighed. "So are we done here or...?"

"Almost." He replied. He went back to the computer in front of him. "Eva, you done?"

"Virus is uploaded." Her reply came.

"Then I suppose it's my turn." Mizel's voice resounded throughout their coms. Green static appeared on the screen and when it returned to it's normal state, the three saw Eva standing up.

She nodded at the camera. "I'll meet you guys downstairs."

"Got'cha."

~~~~~

Running through the corridors proved to be much easier without worrying about drones to dodge or LBXs to battle. They used the elevator to reach the third floor, where they meet up with Eva, and proceeded with stairs.

"This way, they wouldn't be able to trap us if they're waiting to ambush." Kousuke explained as he led everyone down the steps.

"What if they ambush us here though?" Niara asked, rather worried as the door before them gets closer.

"Then we have the option of running back up." He replied. "Then we can jump out of a window or something."

"Well, there are plenty of trees. And we also have Niara's scarf." Eva said, formulating a few ideas on how to get down from those windows.

"I doubt it's gonna come to that though." Kirito stated as he opens the door without second thought.

"Hey, don't just-" Niara tried to stop him, but stopped when she saw no one on the other side. "Huh? No ambush?"

"They got cocky with me around." Kirito said with a smirk. "With me controlling the drones all night, the guards started getting lazy. We'll get pass them easily, that is, if any even show up."

"The closest exit is straight ahead." Mizel's voice came.

"Forgot you were there." Kousuke said, opening the holo-screen from his gauntlet.

"I have been deleting the files from every camera in this building." He replied.

"What for? Kirito's out, so for sure they'll know it's us." Niara asked as the four continue to head for the door. They are no longer running, instead they are walking cautiously. The ground floor is where there are the most guards, so moving too fast might get them caught.

"Because we have Kamiya Kousuke with us." Mizel replied. "What they expected was Eva, Niara and me, so I would very much like for it to stay that way."

"Heh, so I'm like the secret weapon." Kousuke boasted proudly. "The ruby, the gem of gems, the-"

"We get it, you're a special snowflake." Niara replied, feeling a little irritated.

"Let him have his moment." Eva said, smiling. "He'll come to regret it some time soon."

"Wait- What do you mean by that?" The blonde asked, now slightly worried.

"You know how in shows, one kid boasts about how special they are, but then they regret it in the scene after where they'll be launched out of a canon or something?"

"Oh... Oh crap."

"Yep."

The rest of the walk was silent and they proceed to open the door. Once outside, they all let out relieved sighs.

Kousuke looked around and nodded. "Alright, I'm gonna go get our ride. Stay put." And he vanished through the bushes.

Niara stretched. "That could've gone a lot worse. Well, at least we didn't get caught-"

"I just can't leave you alone, can I?" A familiar voice sighed.

Unwillingly, Eva turned around. She swallowed. "Jin."

"Eva." He sighed again and turned to Kirito. "Seriously, this is predictable."

"So you were watching." The blonde boy smirked.

"Not everything." he replied. "Mostly Eva's confrontation with Olivia and that's about it. Then I spotted you heading for the back exit and took the long way around."

"Well, you got us." Niara rolled her eyes. "What are you gonna do now? Lock us up? Interrogate us?"

Jin merely crossed his arms. "I want to see him for myself. Did you seriously brought Mizel back?"

"Yeah. Yeah we did." The scarf-wearing girl replied indifferently. "He's not with us right now though."

"Well, why not?"

"Good question. I don't have the answer. Kirito?"

"He's around." The blonde answered simply.

"Well then, there you go."

"You're stalling." Jin said, sighing.

"Of course we are. And I'm feeling salty, especially after being told to stay put like a dog." The Russian girl replied, shrugging.

He sighed again. "Why did I even bother?" Two drones appeared behind him, both with claws extended from their ports. "I'm sorry, but you know how this is going to go."

"If that's how you feel, then why did you give me my LBXs back?" Kirito asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I meant for you to escape on your own. If that were the case, I would've let you go." The younger boy replied. "Instead, the entire gang is here. You all know none of this is personal."

"Except your deal with Eva." Niara muttered.

"I'm going to ignore that." Jin glared at her and then turned to Eva. "Don't make me regret this."

She sighed as she looked away. "That's supposed to be my line." Turning back to him, she closed off any form of guilt she had and faced the drones. Closing her eyes, she felt herself relaxing. Then there was a snap coming from each drone. They had powered down.

"Whoa. That's new. What did you do?" Niara asked, smiling brightly in new found curiosity.

"Overload a few of the currents, making some of the wires snap from the heat." She returned the gaze. "I uh... had some spare time while you were in the elevator."

"And that's our ride." Kirito grabbed the two girls by their collars and dragged them into the car. "Sorry, Jin. But you know how this is going to go."

The younger boy didn't stop them. He did, in fact, knew how it was going to go. He knew there was no changing Eva's mind. All he could do now was prepare for whatever's next.

~~~~~

"So... that whole thing with Jin was not what I expected." Niara commented when they drove off far enough.

"At least he didn't got to any of us." Eva said with a sad smile.

"Speaking of which, you ran into Olivia?" The scarf-wearing girl asked.

"Yeah. She knew what we were doing, but she still let me go." The blonde girl smiled. "I owe her one."

Then the car screeched into a halt. Kirito was the first to look up from the front passenger seat. "Looks like you'll be able to make it even."

Standing in front of the car, the brown haired girl smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~

Eyyy update! And still no battle scenes because the author sucks at those. Oh wait, I am the author. Oop