Conflicts pt5

If looks could kill, Niara was practically sending a hundred daggers per minute towards the glass. Mizel was on the wing beside Eva, so he was gratefully spared. Eva cast a worried glance at Niara, but she knew better than to enter such a dangerous territory.

Eva kept her gaze forward. The blonde flying the jet was silent and he hadn't been trying anything yet. Perhaps she really should trust him. Building up some courage, she held onto the headset, opened her mouth and called him by his first name. "Kousuke...-san...??"

"I'm not your superior anymore. Nor was I ever."

"Well... We left before you came along."

"On the contrary, I've been in on it the whole time. We just never crossed paths."

"... Ah..." She took a deep breath and started again. "So... Kousuke... What has your life been like since Saturn?"

"Actually, it's been great. Aside from being kidnapped by Detector and the whole thing with Mizel a few months ago, everything's been good." He said with a shrug. "I am, however, thirsting for a rematch with your friends."

Eva went silent for a few seconds before opening her mouth again. "Is that why you agreed to join?"

Niara turned her gaze at the blonde, but said nothing. Kousuke let out a barely audible chuckle. "As a matter of fact, yes. That and I owed Kirito one for changing Shadow Lucifer back to Lucifer."

"Are you two friends or something?" The russian girl asked.

"You could say that." He said, letting out a small smile. "My father, Kamiya Togorou, is the main director of Kamiya Craft. He held a competition once, for the world's best young inventors. Care to guess who won?"

"Kirito did?" Niara asked, surprised.

"With nearly a hundred points above the person that got second place." He said proudly. "He was like... Ten? Eleven? He made his own model of this secret base thing. It was so detailed. The rooms, lasers, cameras and even guard bots were solid. There weren't any holograms in it at all. Also, everything was wired to his tablet so it was as if the base itself was real."

"Why would he make something like that?" Niara asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Who knows?" Was his reply. "Although, I think you'll find the design quite familiar, Evangeline."

Said girl blinked as a hologram appeared in front of her. Her eyes widen. "This is..."

"Yes. The Innovator Base underneath the lake."

~~~~~

"You're gonna regret what you're doing!" Ultima made a move to cut through Fenrir, but the latter dodged easily.

"On the contrary, I think I'll be just fine knowing that I made a friend happy." Fenrir made an unusual move. It threw its shield at Ultima, causing the latter to fell on its back.

The three girls were silent as they battle. It worried them. They were battling four LBXs controlled by one person. And they were losing.

"How is this even possible?" Glyphs' rapier had barely missed Joker. "How can someone controll four LBXs with just one CCM? I thought the maximum amount was three!"

"It is." Joker's staff, the Crescent Moon, jabbed Glyphs' side, throwing it off balance. "There is, however, such a thing as customization."

"You customized your CCM?!"

~~~~~

"Kirito's smart enough to take over the world if he wanted to. He can do anything that's impossible for even adults." Kousuke continued, while focusing on flying the jet. "Even if he never tried to, I'm sure he could hijack the whole net and control every country in every continent through it. And no one would realize until it's too late."

"Isn't that a bit... Far fetched?" Eva asked, carefully picking her words.

"As far as I know, he's better than Otacross on most aspects of programming and hacking." He smirked. "I'll bet my eyepatch that, if he gets captured by the Seekers, he'll be able to escape and control every part of the building from just the security room."

"Don't you dare jinx it." Niara growled.

~~~~~

Deqoo's OZ Tomahawk pierced through Kannon, as the latter's back was wide open. It 'break over' and Deqoo went back to its owner's palm. Being caught off guard, Ezili was also pierced by Hakai-O's Titan Arms.

Now it's two on two. It made things easier for the blonde boy as he did not have to divide his attention to that extent anymore. The other two on the other hand, were glaring at him. Glyphs charged first. It was a wrong move on their end. It was quickly defeated with a swing from Joker, and it too returned to its owner.

Ultima and Fenrir were at a stand-off. Ultima's double blade had switched to gun mode, making it a revolver. Fenrir stood on guard, and then charged. Ultima started shooting but it was blocked by the diamond shield. It began to jump further and further back until it was cornered.

Izayoi clenched his fists as his LBX 'break over'. They didn't even have a chance to use their attack functions. And Kirito didn't need to use one to beat them all.

Fenrir returned as the dome surrounding the players diminished into nothing. However, what caught the four off guard was the Fire Sweets surrounding them. Director Kaios, Jessica and Asuka stood among them, the two girls with their CCMs prepared. Izayoi and Team CLW moved back as the soldiers cuffed Kirito's hands and took away his CCM and all four LBXs.

Both Jessica and Asuka gave him stern glares. They both muttered the same thing as he passed them. "Traitor..."

He wasn't affected in the least. He willingly followed their orders and went into the van. But they were sure that, before the doors closed, they saw his expression. He was smirking.

~~~~~~~~~~

I know what you guys may be thinking.

"THAT FIGHT SCENE SUCKED."

Well... I agree. I, a hundred percent, agree. I suppose you now see why I avoided writting fight scenes until now? I plan to write another one in another chapter later, but if it's not at least satisfying for me, I'll skip the scene and just focus more to the plot like I always had.

Also, to UltimaXL and LAXH1107, I'm sorry about making your OCs look weak here.