Memories pt4

They went through several other memories. Some from Ban, Kazu and Ami. Some from Hiro or Ran. There are some from Jessica and Asuka too. Occassionally, they'd encounter memories about encounters with the Innovators. It was strange how they've gone through so many, and yet only a couple of hours had passed by in real time. They were mostly going through happy memories though. At one point, it even showed the hillarity that are Jin's battles in the Akihabara Kingdom.

"Absolutely no mercy..." Jessica muttered.

"Let's keep going." The black and white haired boy touched the key and the proceeded.

But they didn't expect to be transported to last year's Artemis battle royale.

Yuuya was trying to keep his calm inside his pod. He wasn't fully aware of himself when this happened, but he knew what he did. He watched as his previous LBX, Judge tore OtaRed's LBX to shreds. His younger self had insanity written all over his face. It scared him.

"Yuuya." Liu Bei turned to Triton, who was standing behind him. "It wasn't your fault."

The black haired boy stiffened, but nodded. "Right." But he couldn't help but feel bad.

"Watching this first hand is..." Ran didn't know how to put it to words. She had rewatched the previous year's Artemis several times on tv and had always been so passionate about it. But seeing it happening before her eyes is... unnerving.

The younger Ban and Jin worked together and destroyed Judge. Then they fought against each other. They all watched intently, completely immersed in the moment. Ban didn't bother looking for the key. If this was the memory that appeared, then the Platinum Capsule, or at least Achilles, must be it.

They all knew how it ended. Jin lost. But Ban, Ami and Kazuya had only now noticed that he was smiling when it happened.

And then they saw what they missed back then. "Virus Program, activate. CCM control, initiate." The younger Jin turned to Eva, who seemed like she was in some sort of trance.

Then, they noticed Emperor Mk2 moving without him using his CCM. He began to panic a little, but his eyes only completely widen when he saw the word on his screen. "Destroy?!"

All of them, including the past Ban, Ami and Kazuya, turned to him questioningly. Before anyone could react, the red eyed boy yelled out, "Get down!" Emperor Mk2 exploded, causing the entire diorama to shake.

Asuka screamed for a good five seconds before remembering it was a memory. The lights went out and Takuya approached the trio, just as an LBX jumped in and stole the Platinum Capsule. The younger Jin noticed it as it jumped back out of the diorama. Eva had gone too.

"Jin, you coward!" Younger Kazuya stormed his way over to him. "I can't believe you used such a dirty trick! I knew you were with Kaidou and the Innovators!" The Kazu in the control pod cringed slightly.

Younger Ami was behind him, with a similar angry expression. "Yeah! This is what you were planning from the start!" The current Ami also felt bad.

The black and white haired boy seemed troubled. "No, I didn't know anything about this..."

"You liar! Don't give us that bullcrap!" Kazuya wanted to bang his head to the side of the pod.

Younger Jin snapped. "I really didn't know anything!" He knew it was futile, so he turned around with a grunt. "Excuse me." And he jumped down from the stage and went on his way.

"W-Whoa..." Hiro could only gape nervously.

"Yeah... I forgot that happened." Kazuya sighed.

Ami shifted in her seat. "We... Never apologized for that, did we?"