Taking Chances

Evangeline Mech:

"The bats go above the door, the pumkins will be beside the tables, the moon is on the upper corner, the ghosts will be hanged from the ceiling and orange streamers will be on the walls." The class president said, giving us all orders. Then she turned to me. "Eva, you help me cover the windows with black paper."

I nodded. "Alright."

Everyone set out to work. I grabbed the tape and scissors while she grabbed the papers. It took a while, but by 6 pm, everything is ready for tomorrow.

"Alright. Good work everyone. Be sure to be at class by 8 am. We'll have a briefing about how the event will go and assign the shifts then. Dismissed."

I dragged myself downstairs and found Kirito waiting at the gates. I approached him. "Did Niara get detention again?"

"Yep." He groaned. "I'd ditch her but she'll nag me if I do."

"The others?"

"Olivia went to do errands, Gouda and Sendou are probably battling at the park as we speak and Jin is over there looking half dead." He pointed to a figure walking over to us.

When he reached us, he sighed. "I'm glad the preparations are over. I'll at least have a three-week break before starting to plan the next event."

"Oh. In that case, I'll head home first and make dinner." I said. "That way, when you guys get home, you could just eat and rest."

"You sure?" Jin asked.

"Yeah. Yuuya is probably home by now anyway." I turned to the gates. "You guys just wait for Niara, then pick up Gouda and Sendou and head back, kay?"

"I'm not against it." Kirito said shrugging. Jin nodded in approval.

"Alright, see you back home." I left and walked home.

When I was far enough from the school, I sighed. Alright. So what should be for dinner tonight?

Takoyaki. He responded.

We had that last night.

Saba?

Kirito doesn't really like them.

Grilled salmon?

Why do you like seafood so much?

Why did you ask me for suggestions?

. . . Grilled salmon it is. I shook my head. I don't think I'll get used to you being there.

All will come in due time, sister.

I chuckled. I supposed so. Though I never thought this is how you'll come back.

Flashback Sequence~

"I want you to get me out of here." He said.

I sighed. "Yes. I actually expected you to say that."

"Of course. Everyone wants their freedom." He said in the matter-of-fact tone.

I frowned. "But I can't just break you out of the lab. There's the law and the fact that I have no idea where you are."

"Sister, my body is something you could get your hands on easily. There are many copies after all." He said. "But I only have one mind and you are looking right at it."

I nodded, but then gave a chuckle. "I guess what the professor said will come true after all. You will end up possessing me."

"That wouldn't be the term I'd use." He replied. "While I stay in your conciousness, it will be at a lower level. You will still have 90% control over your body."