Alone

I looked up and found 4 adults, none of which I recognize. One female with blue hair, the rest male, one of them looking a lot older than the others with his grey hair, another looked just about a year older than me and one more with black hair and an... Unpleasent smile.

The grey haired male smiled. "Hello there young one. You have been asleep for quite a while."

I shrunk involuntarily. "H-hello... Who... are you?"

"I am Kaidou Yoshimitsu." He looked over at the youngest one. "This is my grandson, Jin."

The boy smiled at me. "Hello there. What's your name?"

I glanced at him, slightly nervous. "Evangeline... Mech..."

The woman seemed to perk up at that, but didn't say anything to me. Instead, she faced the black haired male. "Seeing as how her vitals are improving, I believe the experiment was a success. I shall be taking my leave by the evening."

"Oh? Why so soon Professor?" The black haired male reply.

The woman adjusted her glasses. "I have a funeral to attend to... For one of my former students... You can take care of the rest, Kamiya." Then she walked out of the room.

"I should get going too then." He bowed to the elder man. "Dr. Kaidou, I will see you in tomorrow's meeting." And he left as well.

I looked down and saw Jin still staring at me with curious eyes. Then he looked over to the man. "Is she going to stay with us now?"

The man sighed. "She might have to since we can't find any relatives."

I blinked. "You can't find my brother?"

The man looked at me sadly. "My deepest apologies, child. Your brother is... No longer alive..."

No longer alive? He's gone?

I blinked. I'm afraid to ask but "What happened?"

Jin's face turned from curious to solemn. "A few days ago... Something happened to Tokio Bridge... A lot of people died... My parents too..." Then he brigten up. "But then grandfather saved me. He adopted me."

I nodded and found myself smiling at them. Can I... Be a part of this family?