Hi, I'm New

I groaned, getting pushed again by the lot of high schoolers in the hallway. I huffed, adjusting my glasses and pulling my bag up my shoulder more. I already hated this new school. Why did my parents and I have to move to London? I missed Manchester already, only being here for two weeks. I already missed my friends and my new ex-boyfriend. He was my first and only boyfriend after I came out a year ago. We had decided to break up because of the distance, which had left me really sad.

I did not want to be here.

I looked around for a few minutes, finally finding the science classroom. I was glad science was my first class of the school year. Science was my favorite subject at my old school.

I felt stares as I walked into the room; whispers like 'is that the new kid?' and 'who's he?'. The joys of being the new kid, right? I sat down at the back of the classroom, trying not to draw attention to myself, which obviously didn't work. After a few antagonizing minutes, a lady walked into the loud classroom. She looked around, breathing out loudly. I mentally agreed with her.

"Hey, shut up!" She yelled out to the room with an American accent. I smiled. I loved American accents. The class did eventually shut up, but it took many minutes of the teacher's annoyed sighing. I just watched as my stupid classmates calmed down. There were occasionally snickers from the other side of the room, where a few guys and girls were sitting with varsity jackets and cheer leading skirts. I rolled my eyes. We didn't have those at my old school.

"Welcome to the new school year, guys! I know, I don't want to be here either." The teacher started. I smiled at her, not even sure she saw me. "If you're new or just stupid, my name is Mrs, and yeah, I'm married, Mrs. Wentz."

Like the guy from Fall Out Boy I thought. Fall Out Boy was my favorite band. Best music ever.

"Yes, W-E-N-T-Z. Like the guy from Fall Out Boy. " She told the class, writing huge letters on the white board. Confused 'huh?'s filled the room but I smiled even wider. I already liked this teacher. She wasn't like a normal one.

"No? Okay." Mrs. Wentz grumbled from the whiteboard in the front. I stifled a laugh from the back, drawing attention from a few students, and I push my hair, newly dyed black, in front of my eyes even more.

"Attendance!" She yelled and started to call out names. I didn't really pay attention until my name was called. There were so many people here!

"Philip Lester?"

"Here. It's Phil." I whispered timidly. Almost everybody turned and looked at me and I blushed so deep. I hated being stared at. I hated it.

"Here's your damn syllabus, that we have to go over every single year." She called, starting to hand out papers after she finished attendance. I got mine last, being at the back of the room. It was just a few simple things. She went over them quite quickly, so we had some time at the end of the class.

"Okay, I'm done so you guys can talk and stuff." She reported. The line I didn't want to hear. I had no one to talk to, so I pulled out my mp3 and put in earphones. I pressed play and music filled my ears. I was trying to avoid weird looks and snarky comments. Didn't really work, but it sort of blocked things out. I looked around the room, observing all the people. In the corner of the jocks and cheerleaders, I saw a really cute guy looking over at me. I blushed deeply and turned away, but I could still feel his brown eyes staring at me. His hair was like mine, except the fringe was cut the other way.

And he was seemingly flawless, except he was hanging out with the cheerleaders and jocks. And I was sitting there. Alone.

Why did I have to be alone?

The bell rung and everyone stood up to leave, including the mystery cute guy, his crew, and I. I grabbed my bag and started to head to the door. I had to walk past the jocks and cheerleaders, though. I could hear them laugh at me.

"Look at his haircut!" One of the girls laughed, not trying to censor it from me. "Emo alert!"

"Come on, Lizzy. Shut up. I have the same haircut." The cute guy says. I could feel my face heat up. I started to walk faster to reach the hallway. I did, but I heard one last thing.

"Yeah, but you look good with it."

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

I made it through my next classes and lunch without too much humiliation except dropping my glasses in History and having some drama kids laugh at me in English. I sighed, it was finally time to go home. That day was probably one of the worst in my life. This school sucks I thought.

I walked out of my last class of the day, math, and after only a few seconds, I was slammed into the lockers. I groaned in pain, my back had hit the lock. It hurt like hell.

"Hey, New Kid! What's with the stupid hair?" A jock yelled in my face. I cringed, today has already been terrible. Why did they have to make it worse?

"Cat got your tongue, emo nerd boy?" The other one spat in my face. I started to panic, how was I going to get out of this situation without punching someone? My eyes shut tight, ready for impact.

"Hey, stop being fucking twats. Let go of him." A voice demanded from down the hall. I let out a quavery breath. Who was that?

"Whatever, Dan." One of them grunted stupidly.

"I mean it." His voice intensified. I gasped quietly, not wanting them to hear me.

"Fine, god." The other one said and the tight grip on my shirt loosened and let go. I sighed as they left, smoothing out my sweat shirt and adjusting my hair and glasses.

"Thanks." I mumbled almost silently, noticing the adorable boy still standing there.

"No problem. My name's Dan. Dan Howell." He smiled, dimples showing. I stared at his hand for a few seconds before shaking it.

"I'm Ph-" I started.

"Phil. You're in my science class. And history. And math." He cut me off. I blushed. I hadn't noticed him. Why did he notice me? I was a skinny little guy, not really anything to look at.

"Oh." I whispered and took my hand back.

"You okay? Darren and Will can be real dicks sometimes." Dan asked, patting my back. I nodded and breathed a 'yeah'. He was so touchy.

"It was nice to meet you Phil, I have to go." He smiled at me. I nodded and he hit my arm, a bit too hard.

"Bye." I breathed after he left. What had just happened?

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)