Chapter 19

"Phil," A voice faded into my mind. "Wake up."

I opened my eyes, groaning quietly. I suddenly felt sad. I didn't remember why I was so sad. Nothing had happened- not that I had remembered, anyway.

"What?" I mumbled, sitting up. My mum placed her hand on my shoulder sadly.

"We have to go to Dan's funeral today."

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

I woke up again with a cold sweat dripping down my face. I bolted up in the bed. I felt warm and extremely cold at the same time. I looked around frantically to find that.. I was in Dan's room.

He was laying next to me, but he was starting to stir. His eyes opened a little. He was alive- right in front of me.

"Honey, are you okay?" Dan asked, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah- Yeah I'm... fine." I breathed, plopping back down on the bed next to him. He laid down back beside me. I snuggled into the boy.

"Bad dream?" He asked. I placed my hand on his heart. He was still breathing. He wasn't dead.

"I guess you could say that." I told him. I was so glad he wasn't dead. Oh my god, what would I have done?

"You going to tell me or not?" Dan asked after a minute. I shivered- the cold had come back.

"Short story short- you died." I cuddled into him more to steal his warmth.

"Awwww, your brain killed me?" He joked, as if it wasn't traumatizing.

"It's not like I asked it to." I pouted. He just laughed and kissed my forehead.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"Do you have to go?" Dan whined. I nodded. My parents had told me to be home by last night, and it was noon the next day.

"I don't your beautiful face to leave." He said, getting up off his bed and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"My parents are going to kill me-" I tried to get away, but I didn't want to.

"The worst they'll do is ground you." He said, leaning in closer to me. I kissed him lightly.

"Then I won't be able to see you." I whispered, resting my forehead on his.

"Fine- go. I'll see you tomorrow,"

He pouted. "But I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too." I said. I gave him one last hug and left the room- the house.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

I got home, prepared for a strict yelling from my parents. I closed the door quietly and started to sneak up to my room, carrying the bag Dan gave to me.

"Phil?!" I heard my dad's voice yell from upstairs. I'd been caught seconds within the act. God dammit.

I didn't answer. I didn't have to. Both my parents stomped down the stairs at the same time and stood right in front of me, rage in their eyes.

"We told you to be home last night." Mum said angrily. I guiltily ducked my head.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, ashamed. I should've left earlier, but how are you supposed to leave someone you love so much?

"Why weren't you here sooner?" Dad asked, softer than Mum. I shuffled my feet, playing with the bag that I had put behind my back.

"I just fell asleep at Dan's." I said. It wasn't a lie, I'd just... stayed there for a couple hours, just cuddling with him. What a stupid idea.

"O-oh." Dad said, his voice soft and forgiving. My mum was still angry, though.

"What? You're not going to punish him?" Mum strained. I could almost see the frustration- and I understood. I was always disobeying them, it was about time.

"We did the exact same thing, honey." My dad said to my mum. She started to argue, but stopped.

"Fine. Just don't do it again." She breathed out and pointed upstairs. I ran up the stairs gratefully. Thank god I didn't have to sit through another lecture.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

danisnotonfire- whatd ur parents do?

Amazing Phil- nothing

danisnotonfire- wait really

Amazing Phil- yeah they just told me to go to my room. like i didn't want to go there in the first place

danisnotonfire- cool, so ill see you tomorrow?

Amazing Phil- of course, we have school

danisnotonfire- i know, but i mean after.. will u go home with me?

Amazing Phil- yeah, ill bring the album

danisnotonfire- good :)

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)