Chapter 23

"Phil, will you check the mail?" Mum asked me a few weeks later. I nodded, not thinking about it. I went outside, looking around to see if anyone was there. No one I knew, at least.

I took the mail from the box and ran back inside. I plopped the pile of papers on the dinner table in front of my mum.

"Thanks." She mumbled, sipping her coffee. I nodded, sitting back down and looking back down at my book. I had been reading the Harry Potter series again.

"Oi! Phil, one of your letters is in here." She told me as she looked through the mail. I tensed up.

"Thanks." I grabbed it and ran upstairs. I went straight to my computer, to message Dan. He was online, so I immediately wrote him.

Amazing Phil- I GOT A UNI LETTER

He replied instantly

danisnotonfire- WHICH ONE

Amazing Phil- MANCHESTER FILM

danisnotonfire- COME OVER NOW AND OPEN IT

Amazing Phil- OKAY

I ran downstairs as fast as I could. I ran into the dining room and stared at my Mum.

"Can I go over to Dan's?" I panted. She looked up at me, confused.

"Sure, I guess." Mum shrugged. As soon as she uttered the words, I was out the door and running to Dan's house, with the letter in my hand. This was the first uni letter I had ever gotten, and I was so scared and excited.

I got there, panting and breathing hard. I threw open the door to his house as if it was my house. I ran up to Dan's room, saying a quick hello to Adrian, who was sitting and watching TV.

"I'm here, I'm here." I announced, opening the door quickly and stepping in.

"That was quick as hell." He laughed as I fell onto the bed, panting hard. He took the envelope from my hand and looked at it.

"Manchester Film Academy." Dan read from the letter. I caught my breath soon and sat up.

"What if I don't get in?" I breathed. He sat down on the bed with me, handing me the envelope. I took it from him and breathed heavily.

"If you don't, you'll get into at least 3 of them. They're stupid if they don't accept you," Dan said, starting to rub my back. "Come on. Open it, yeah?"

"Okay. Here goes." I sighed. I started to open the letter. I took out the paper and started to read.

"Dear Mr. Lester... mmhshmm... we're pleased to tell you that-" I mumbled, then I stopped.

"What does it say?" he asked. He was as excited as I was.

"I got in. Dan, I did it!" I exclaimed. His mouth fell open and he hugged me, knocking me over into the covers and setting my glasses askew.

"You did it!" He yelled, kissing me all over. I laughed loudly. I had done it!

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

After he got up off me, the celebration was shortened. He got up and closed the door. Then he locked it.

"Does this mean we get to make out?" I smirked, propping myself up on my elbows.

"You deserve it, for being exceptional." He whispered, crawling back on top of me. I giggled and he started to kiss my neck.

I moaned, running my fingers through his hair. Thank god I had gotten into the school, or else that wouldn't have happened.

"Say my name, Phil." He whispered into my ear.

"Dan, ohhh Dan." I moaned and it was the best feeling in the world.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)