Chapter 44

"Dan, are you limping?" Kayla asked the next morning while we were all walking out of our building. Dan and I were holding hands and so were Kayla and Petra.

"What? No." Dan blushed, pulling his bag up more on his shoulder. I looked down, my face starting to turn red.

"Really? Are you sure?" Kayla smirked at both of us.

"Yes." He said in a high voice he only used when he was nervous. We all pushed past the doors and into the courtyard.

"Cause we heard you last night." She grinned.

"Wait- what?" Dan looked at her.

"Oh, and Dan, you might want to turn down the screaming a little bit." Kayla teased. Both of our faces turned completely red and faced the ground. He let go of my hand and shoved his in his pocket.

"Come on Kayla, stop it!" Petra hit her on the arm. Kayla just laughed at us. My face wouldn't stop burning.

"It's not like I was lying!" She exclaimed, laughing.

"Shut up!" Dan blushed harder, pulling me close to him by my waist. But she was right. She probably did hear screaming and other noises the night before.

"Whatever." She waved it off. I couldn't get it off my mind. Finally, we reached the two halls of our classes. We both had our majors first on that day. It was almost 11:00, when our classes started.

"Okay, see you later." Petra told me, as they were all going to the same place except for me.

"Bye, babe." Dan pulled me by my waist and pecked me on the lips. I grinned at his sudden affection.

"Bye." I replied after pulling away. Kayla and Petra rolled their eyes and scoffed.

"You'll see each other in an hour, Jesus Christ!" Kayla groaned as we stood too close together. Dan flipped her off and I stood away from him.

I waved and walked to the building where the first year playwriting majors were. I snuck into the room and sat down in a desk in the back of the room. I looked around at all of the people. There was a pretty even mixture of guys and girls.

As people talked with each other, introducing theirselves and talking to old or new friends, I sat alone. A teacher walked in and everyone started to quiet down.

"Hey guys!" The teacher said. He was a youngish guy with an Irish accent. He was pretty hot, and he had red hair.

Mumbles of 'hey' and 'hi' were heard from the kids. Then, a boy opened the door and stepped in. Everyone turned their heads to look at him, even the teacher.

"You're late." The professor scolded, but he wasn't that serious.

"Sorry." He grinned confidently and came to sit down close to me. He sat down right in front of me. He looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't quite place who he was.

"Okay, so I'm Professor Richardson, but please don't call me that, because it makes me sound really damn old. So just call me Sam." Sam said, pulling a chalkboard up and writing his name on it in chalk.

"Since all of you are writers, I want you to write a few sentences about yourself and pass it up. I'll read it so all of us know a little bit about each other. Okay, so... you!" He pointed to a random girl in the front. "Pass out these papers. Thanks."

The girl started to pass out the papers. She got to me and the boy last and I pulled out a pencil and started to think.

"Hey, do have a pencil I can borrow?" The boy turned around so I could see his face. Oh no. He was the guy from the bar. I suddenly realized his adorable american accent.