Chapter 16

"Phil, where the hell have you been?" Martin whispered when I walked into the house. It was still sort of snowing outside at that point, and I was almost freezing.

"I spent the night at Dan's... it was way too snowy last night." I explained, taking off the my coat. It felt lovely inside the house, being so warm.

"Ew!" He whispered, disgusted.

"We didn't do anything!" I lied quietly. I didn't really know why we were whispering, but I played along.

"Sure you didn't. Anyway, Mum and Dad just woke up! They asked where you were!" He whispered, pulling me across the room. I stumbled.

"What'd you tell them?" I asked, panicked. They would've banned me from ever dating again if they found out.

"I told them you were in the bathroom. You're welcome!" He whispered, then raised his voice. "Oh, what were you telling me about?"

My parents walked in and saw me talking to Martin.

"Yeah it was crazy, the bear from the Fall Out Boy album cover was just chasing me and I didn't know what to do!" I started to tell him, pretending I didn't know that my parents had just walked in.

"Wow!" He exclaimed. We were both pretty good actors, which helped. My Mum stared at us with confusion.

"What are you boys talking about?" She asked. We looked at her, like we hadn't noticed her until then.

"I was just telling him about my dream I had last night." I lied to her. We both smiled very realistically.

"Oh... Well, tomorrow is the new year." Dad said, sitting down at the dinner table. I nodded, I had just remembered.

That night at midnight, it was going to be a whole new year. It was wild to think about, it was only another day, but it had so much meaning. A whole new year.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

danisnotonfire- do you want to come over for new years?

Amazing Phil- will you let me kiss you at midnight?

danisnotonfire- i will if u will

Amazing Phil- then ill be there.. when do u want me to come?

danisnotonfire- come here at 10. we can watch tv or something.

Amazing Phil- perfect

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"Can I go to Dan's for New Years?" I asked my parents when we sat down for lunch. My dad had bought pizza, which was the best thing to give to a teenager ever.

"We were going to go to the Mave's, but I guess you can." My mum told me after a minute. I mentally high fived her, I didn't like the Mave's. They were my parents' friends that lived in between London and Manchester.

"I'm going to Joey's." Martin announced. He was Martin's best friend that lived in Manchester. "I'm leaving right after lunch."

"Oh, okay. Thanks." I said and ate my pizza in silence. This was the first time my family had been apart for New Years.

It was weird.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"Hey!" Dan smiled when he opened the door, as if he hasn't seen me a few hours ago. I hugged him closely for a few seconds.

"Hi Ms.Howell." I politely greeted Dan's mum. She was an awesome person, with the exact same hair color as Dan, and the best personality of a mum I'd ever met.

"Hey Phil. How've you been?" She asked nonchalantly. I smiled at her. It's not like your son and I made out last night in your house I thought.

"Good, what about you?" I asked. Dan just stared at me, then at his mum, then back at me.

"Pretty good." She smiled

"Mum, will you please stop flirting with my boyfriend?" Dan groaned sarcastically from beside me.

"But he's so cute!" Ms.Howell joked. I grinned, she was the best.

"Well, too bad. He's gay, and he's mine." Dan grabbed my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.

"Ugh, whatever!" She said with an American accent. I laughed a little, it was really funny. I was terrible at accents, and to see her do it was hysterical.

Dan took my hand and dragged me up the stairs, and up another flight of stairs, then down a hallway, then into his room. When we got there, I plopped on his bed, which was very comfy.

"What'd you want to watch?" Dan asked, grabbing the remote and sitting down with me.

"Buffy?" I asked. He knew I was going to say that, obviously. What else would I have answered?

"How about Dr. Who?" He switched the channel to an old episode with David Tennant.

"How about Buffy?" I asked, stealing the remote from him and changing the channel.

"How about Dr. Who?!" He argued, trying to steal back the remote, but I held it above my head. He started to climb on top of me to get it, but ended up just kissing me, my hand with the remote in it still in the air.

"We can watch Dr.Who." I stuck my tongue out at him after I laid back down. He smirked happily and changing the channel.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"It's 5 minutes until the new year." Dan shook me a little. I groaned, fluffing my hair up. I had just taken a little nap because I was really tired. It was involuntary, I just fell asleep watching Dr. Who with Dan.

"Oh, cool." I squeezed my eyes shut, then opened them again, blinking a few times.

"What did I tell you about bed head, Phil?" Dan looked at me with a deep desire in his eyes. I couldn't remember, I was too tired.

"That I look awful? I don't remember." I mumbled, putting my head back on the pillow and looking back up at the beautiful boy.

"I said 'Don't ever do that I a gay guy that has just asked you out because they will show up at your house and have sex with you' when you showed me your bed head." He recalled, looking at me with obvious bedroom eyes.

"Your mum is home!" I slapped him. "Plus, we've only been dating for a week."

"We've made out plenty, haven't we?" He smirked cheekily.

"I'm up for that." I grinned, propping myself up on my elbow.

"Wait until midnight." Dan bit his lip. He got up and locked the door. I shivered with excitement. New Years started to seem more fun after that.

"I will." I whispered as Dan laid back down on the bed. I knew this was the honeymoon stage of the relationship, but I was loving every second of it.

"One more minute!" I heard a yell from downstairs. I think it was Adrian. I liked all of Dan's family members, they were all so unique but alike at the same time.

We looked at each other happily, then started to laugh.

It was all so surreal, watching the new year creep up on us in only a minute.

We both stared at the clock Dan kept on his nightstand.

11:59.

I looked at my watch, that kept seconds.

"15 seconds." I informed him, grinning. With that smile, I gave him the permission. He climbed on top of me, smiling hugely. I held up my watch, whispering the countdown.

"5-4-3-2-" I bit my lip. "1."

"Happy new year." Dan whispered and kissed me from above. Thy was the best start to a year I'd ever had.