Chapter 26

"I'm have to go!" I exclaimed, bolting up out of Dan's bed. It was almost more familiar than my own bed, I'd forgotten that I didn't live with Dan. It almost felt like I did, but I didn't.

"But baby.." Dan whined.

"Hush. I don't want to go, don't you dare make it even harder." I hissed at him. I kissed his lips quickly and put on my backpack. He pouted silently as I left.

"I love you!" He called after me.

"I love you more!" I called back and closed the door.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"I'm back!" I yelled as I walked into my house, throwing my backpack on the floor.

"Phil, come here!" Mum's voice yelled up from the second floor. She didn't sound angry, thankfully. I ran up the stairs and went into the office.

"What'd you want?" I asked. She turned around in her desk chair and handed me an envelope.

"Is this for uni?" I asked, my breath shaky. She nodded.

I turned glanced down at it and read the address.

San Francisco Theatre Arts

San Francisco, CA

USA

The one school I applied to that was in America. I'd always wanted to go America, to see Hollywood and work with amazing actors. That fantasy depended on what was in that envelope.

"Thanks mum. I'll let you know if I got in or not." I breathed. I waited for only a second then bolted up to my room. I threw the letter down on my bed and started to pace. Should I open it? I thought.

I decided to Skype Dan and open it while he watched.

Calling....

Calling....

Calling....

Callin-

"Hey babe." His face appeared on the screen.

"Hey Dan!" I said, relived.

"What's up?"

"I got another uni letter." I told him, holding it up to the webcam.

"You wanted me to see?"

"Yeah."

"Right, then." Dan encouraged, while I stared at the letter. "Open it."

"Should I?" I asked, looking up at the hopeful Dan.

"Yeah." He nodded. I started to open the envelope nervously, then I realized it wasn't that big of a deal. I already got into a uni, I had a future. I was fine.

So I ripped it open without warning.

I unfolded the paper and started to read quickly. I'm not going to get in I thought. It was just a fun audition.

"Dan-" I gasped.

"What? What does it say?" He asked anxiously.

"I got in. I got into a school in San Francisco!" I yelled. I started to jump up and down in excitement.

"Phil, you did it!" Dan exclaimed, almost as excited as me. "I would kiss you so hard if you were over."

"Shame I have to miss that, isn't it?" I flirted.

"It is, Phil. It is." He flirted right back. I stared at the beautiful boy for a minute, then a voice interrupted us.

"Dan, come downstairs!" a voice yelled from his end of the line. I sighed.

"Got to go." He sighed and ruffled his hair.

"You look cute when you do that." I told him. I didn't want him to go.

"Shut up."