Chapter 35

I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache and almost no memory of the night before. I lifted myself up by my elbows and looked around. Everything was blurry, bit in a different way from the last night. Ah! I didn't have my glasses, that was why.

"Dan, wake up." I whispered, shaking him. "What happened last night?"

His eyes opened slowly, but didn't answer me. His hair was messed up and his shirt was rumpled. I still couldn't see. I didn't know where my glasses were.

"What happened?" I asked him irritably. Head aches made me really annoying and grumpy.

"Huh? What?" He asked in his sleepy voice, which was adorable even though I was annoyed. He opened his eyes completely and stared at me.

"What happened?!" I almost yelled. He looked startled as I started to look around for my glasses.

"Lets see... well, we went to the campfire and Damian gave you a beer. Than BAM! Drunk Phil! So I brought you home and you tried to have sex with me, but I just put you to bed and your glasses are right here." Dan explained, handing me my glasses from his headstand. I took them and put them on, beginning to remember the whole of the night before. My head ached. I groaned.

"Headache, eh?" Dan looked at me, amused. I glared at him and nodded angrily. I was not in the mood.

"Hold on one second, I'll be right back." He told me and got up from the bed. He left the room so I could sit there and close my eyes in pain.

Why did I ever have that stupid beer?

He came back a few minutes later and handed me some things. A glass of water and some pain medicine.

"Ugh, you're the best. Thank you." I groaned as I took the things. I swallowed the pill and drank all the water. I put the glass on his bed stand and laid back down, groaning loudly.

"You okay?" he asked, sitting down next to me.

"No.." I told him, my head in one of his pillows. He just chuckled and started to rub my shoulders. It felt good, and I was grateful.

"Why are you so good at everything?" I asked Dan, looking up at him.

"I would be lying if I said that was true." He said. I scoffed, he was so perfect.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"I really need to go home. My parents don't even know I got into WTA. They have the right to know." I told Dan a day later. We were sitting on his floor and talking about things for no apparent reason. Just like you'd do with a best friend. Because not only was Dan my boyfriend, but he was one of the best friends I'd ever had.

"I'm so glad you finally realized that." He said gratefully.

"I should go, like, now." I said, getting up off the floor. He joined me and stood up.

"Don't think you're getting rid of me," I added. "I'll be back here soon."

"I wouldn't dream of it." He grinned cheekily. I made my way to his door and opened it. I ran down the stairs, with Dan close at my heels.

We reached the door and stood there in silence for a few seconds. He handed me my envelope that held my acceptance letter. I was so excited to go home that I had forgotten it upstairs.

"Good luck." He grinned at me.

"Thanks. I'll see you soon." I gave him a hug and started to walk home, envelope in hand.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"Mum?" I asked timidly, walking into my parents' room back at my real house. She looked up from reading a book. Surprise flooded her face, then relief.

"You're back!" She smiled warmly. There wasn't any anger on her face, like I was scared of. I shyly grinned.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm back." I told her. Instead of explaining why I was back, I just handed her the envelope. She took it with a good confusion on her face.

I watched as my mum read my letter. Her face lifted, little by little and by the end, she was grinning widely.

"Oh, Phil! Isn't this the one you really wanted to go to?" Mum asked excitedly. I nodded.

"Good job! So, you're going to this one then?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm pretty sure." I told her.

"Good. Lucky you chose this one, this one'll take the least money out of our savings." Mum chuckled. I smiled awkwardly.

"That's good isn't it?" I said.

"Yeah," She started. "Phil, I'm sorry about the whole Dan thing. I understand what it's like to be young and in love. I just don't want you to do anything too stupid. Okay?"

"Okay. I get it." I nodded.

"I hope you still hang out with him. He'll make a great son-in-law one day." She chuckled. I blushed extremely red.

"Mum!" I whined embarrassedly. She knew that she was making me uncomfortable, which was her favorite thing to do.

"Congratulations." She said for the last time and gave me a chance to leave. I left to get something from my room.

I got to my room and sighed. It was so familiar and happy. It felt so nice to be back in the place I loved most. It still smelled like my cologne.

I went over to my little jar of paper money I used to own. My parents used to give me a little bit of money each week to buy little things, like coffee in the mornings and stuff like that. I had been saving up for a while to buy some things for Dan's birthday.

I grabbed most of it and left the room. I ran down the stairs and yelled up to my mum.

"I'm going into town. Be back in a few hours."

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)