Chapter 36

That night, Dan and I watched the Breakfast Club, even though it was really late. We were laying under mountains of covers, me in between his legs. It was my favorite spot to sit because he always wrapped his arms around me and made me feel safe. As we watched, I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I'm sort of in love with Brian. What about you?" Dan whispered halfway through the movie.

"He's so cute. I'm in love with him too." I whispered back, snuggling into Dan's collar bone. "I'm more in love with you, though." I added after a minute. He kissed the top of my head.

"I love you, too." He replied and we watched the rest of the movie in silence.

I fell asleep during the credits, right in between Dan's legs. He didn't mind, he just fell asleep, his cheek resting on my head. We probably looked really cute. Actually, we did. Dan's mum came into the room in the middle of the night for some reason, and found is like this. She saw my camera on Dan's headstand and took a picture. Then she left. I don't know why. But I'm glad she did.

When we woke up, it was Dan's birthday. June 11. I woke up on his shoulder, which woke him up as well. After only a few seconds, I started to kiss him all over his face.

"Happy Birthday, Danny boy." I breathed in between kisses. I loved to call him Danny boy, and a lot of other things. He liked his nicknames. Especially then.

I kissed him on the lips last, slamming into him hard. His head hit the headboard of his bed slightly but we were too into it that it didn't really matter.

"Wow, you'd think I just returned from war. It's only my birthday." He breathed after I pulled away. I chuckled, falling back on his pillow.

"You're 18 now, that's a big deal." I told him. He shrugged.

"Not really. I can only drink." He said, stretching his arms out.

"I have to go home. You- spend time with your family, and I'll give you your presents later. We'll meet in the woods at... 5?" I started to get up and put on some clothes besides boxers.

"Aw, do you have to go?" He whined, propping himself up on his elbows and looking at me with puppy eyes.

"Yes. I've been taking you away from your family and they probably miss you. I'll see you... at 5." I said, pulling on a shirt from his drawer.

"You're the worst." He groaned.

"I know, making you spend time with your family. I'm the murderer of your happiness." It told him sarcastically, taking my glasses and putting them on. He pulled me back onto the bed and I giggled.

"Dan! Stop it! I have to go!" I whined as I fell on top of him. He didn't listen, he just pushed me under him so he could kiss me from above.

"I hate you!" I grinned as he kissed my neck.

"I hate you too. Please don't leave." He told me. I got out from under him and stood up, adjusting my hair. He propped himself up and made a terribly grumpy face.

"Spend time with your family and I'll see you later. I love you." I said and kissed his forehead.

"Humph." He grumped and I left. I knew he was mad, but not too mad. He'd be fine by the time we met in the woods. I left the house quietly, trying not to wake anyone.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

At around 5, I started to walk to the woods. I was carrying the package I had for Dan, which included lots of albums, a few shirts, and little bear stuffed animal.

I got there and found Dan sitting there on the ground in the sunshine. His eyes were closed, his face tilted up. He looked adorable, and I didn't want to interrupt him.