Chapter 24

"I'll see you tomorrow at school." Dan said as we stood in the doorway together. I was just outside while he leaned on the doorframe.

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." I said, staring at him. That was the most fun I'd ever had with him.

"I love you." He stared into my eyes.

"I love you." I replied. We kissed for a few seconds, then pulled away. I turned and walked away, to go home. I turned around one more time and waved.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"Martin?" I yelled when I got home. I wanted him to be the first one (besides Dan) to know that I got into uni.

"Yeah?" He yelled back after a few seconds. I ran up the stairs, letter in hand, up to his room.

"What're you doing?" I asked when I closed the door behind me. He was on his laptop.

"I'm watching one of the movies you gave me." He said, pausing it. I smiled and sat down on his bed.

"What'd you want?" Martin asked. I didn't say anything, I just handed him the letter. He looked at me, confused.

"Read it." I told him. So he did. After a few seconds of his eyes darting across the page, he smiled widely.

"You got in!" He exclaimed, getting up from his desk and hugging me. I laughed quietly. I was so happy, nothing could've brought me down.

"I know, I'm so excited." I told him. I felt a bit bad, it was like rubbing it in his face, but I knew he was excited for me.

"Good for you, Phil!" He said, patting my back. It was so good to be appreciated.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

Amazing Phil: CECE I GOT INTO MANCHESTER FILM

Cece-Is-Awesome: WAIT

Cece-Is-Awesome: REALLY

Amazing Phil: YES

Cece-Is-Awesome: GOOD FOR YOU ILL CONGRATULATE YOU TOMORROW

Amazing Phil: Aw, you don't have to

Cece-Is-Awesome: too bad, love.

Amazing Phil: ur the best

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"Congrats, Phil!" Cece exclaimed the next morning. She handed me a coffee and gave me a hug.

"Thank you so much, I needed that." I said, squeezing her short frame. I had been up all night, having bad dreams and I was extremely tired.

"Manchester Film, yeah? Isn't that really hard to get into?" Robbie asked, who was standing beside her. We pulled away from the hug and I nodded.

"Sort of tight competition, actually. I'm quite surprised I got in." I told them. Cece squealed again and hopped up and down. She was so excited for her best friend.

"Where's Dan?" I asked, looking around the lobby of the school. It was bustling with high school students, but I couldn't see Dan.

"I don't know, he must be here somewhere." Robbie said, looking around. I sighed, rocking back and forth on my heels and sipping my coffee.

After a few minutes, someone hugged me from behind. I turned my head around and saw that it was Dan. I kissed him, turning around in the process.

"Good morning." He said, biting his lip as we pulled away. "You taste good."

"Yeah, I had coffee. Good morning to you, by the way." I grinned as he stood beside me.

"Hey guys." Dan greeted Robbie and Cece. Robbie waved shyly.

"You guys are so fucking cute!" Cece squealed. Robbie grabbed her waist adorably. I sort of died at that moment.

"Lets go to science now." Dan said and we all started to walk to the room.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"It's that time again! Final exams!" Mrs. Wentz exclaimed sarcastically, writing it on the board.

The whole class groaned in unison.

"I know, I know. I hate them almost as much as you." She announced sadly. I was still alone in the back of the room, but Dan and I looked at each other and groaned.

"Luckily, the science one is pretty easy. So I'll just give you a study guide and I'll let you figure it out. But if you need help, I'll give it to you." She announced, starting to hand out packets of paper.

Great.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"Do you want to study together today?" Dan asked me after the bell rang for the end of the day. We had the last period of the day together, History. Dan's favorite class. In the few classes we had together, all the teachers had given us study guides.

"Of course." I smiled. I got up, grabbing my backpack. He took my hand and we walked out of the classroom together. In Manchester, I would've been terrified to hold hands with a guy in school. In public at all, in fact.

But London was different. It was equal. You could be with anyone you loved, anyone you wanted to. It was awesome.

We got to Dan's house, holding hands. As soon as we got there, Adrian appeared. He had just got off the bus.

"Hey, Phil." Adrian smiled at me. He was no doubt my favorite person in the world.

""Hey Adrian. How was school?" I asked him. Dan opened the door for both of us. We both stepped in together.

"It was okay, I guess. Final exams are soon." He threw his backpack down on the couch.

"Yeah, I know. We have them too." I told him.

"How are things coming with Miranda?" Dan smirked, putting his backpack down on the couch as well.

"Dan!" Adrian whined. I tilted my head, confused.

"Who's Miranda?" I asked, laying my backpack on the floor. Adrian plopped down on the couch, groaning very quietly.

"Miranda's the girl he likes." Dan mocked. I hit him in the arm.

"Don't tease him." I whispered to him.

"Well, we're going to study. See you later." I said. I grabbed the study packets from my backpack and pulled Dan up the stairs.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"I don't understand this!" Dan shouted, frustrated. We were working on science, and he couldn't figure it out.

"See, if one of the chromosomes is out of place, it'll genetically mutate you." I explained to him. We were both sitting at his desk, sharing a chair and hovering over the science packet.

"Why?" He asked. I sighed.

"Because that's how genetics works." I said patiently.

"But that doesn't make any sense. If one tiny thing is wrong with you, you're changed completely?" He asked, his eyebrows scrunching up.

"Yeah, that's it." I told him.

"That's not fair." He mumbled.

"Yeah, I know."

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

"Can't you stay for the night? We have school together tomorrow?" Dan whined as I put on my sweatshirt.

"Is your mum even okay with that?" I asked. He nodded. His mum was pretty cool, and very accepting about everything.

"I could call my parents." I suggested. Dan's face broke out into a grin.

"I'll get the phone." He said and started to run downstairs. I chuckled, he was too perfect. I took off my sweatshirt again and laid it on the bed