Chapter 45

"We'll see you guys in January, I guess." I waved to Petra and Kayla. We were all going home for Christmas. We were going in pairs, Dan and Phil, and Kayla and Petra.

"Okay, bye!" Petra grinned and waved back.

"Bye!" Kayla said. "We really have to go now, though. Traffic'll be the worst thing."

"Yeah, us too. So, um...Bye!" Dan said and grabbed me by my hand. I grabbed my bag and was pulled to our car. I threw our bags in the backseat and took my place in the front.

"Come on, Bear, lets go." I called. He got in on the driver's side and closed the door. Then he looked at me, smiling.

"I don't think that nickname will ever get old." He told me, pecking my cheek and turning the engine on.

"Good." I replied as we started to leave campus. We sat in silence for a few minutes as he drove on the crowded roads.

"It's almost been a whole year since we started dating. Isn't that weird?" Dan asked, looking over at me after stopping at a red light.

"Yeah... a year is a long time. High five!" I held up my hand and he high fived it. "Ugh, we're both such nerds."

"I know. I love you." He said and leaned over. I kissed him gently and then pulled away to the sound of a car horn.

"God dammit, Dan, drive!" The voice of a man yelled from behind us. I jerked my head around to find that it was one of our classmates.

"Go!" I demanded and he drove faster. My face stung with embarrassment of seeing another student, while he just laughed.

"You okay, babe?" Dan questioned, not looking.

"Yeah, fine." I said, coughing to mask the redness of my face.

"Oh, honey. Why are you embarrassed so easily? I'm the one who should be embarrassed by that." He laughed at me. That just made my face burn more.

"It's an anxiety thing, I guess. No matter how harmless the thing is, it embarrasses me." I told him, picking at my hands a bit. It wasn't in a panic attack kind of way, it was just a little nervous thing.

"Aw," He reached over and ruffled my hair a bit. "You don't have to be nervous around me."

"Oh, I know. You're the last person I should be nervous around." I said.

"Then why are you?" Dan asked.

"Because you're the only person I'm trying to have sex with." I grinned at him.

"Oh, I don't think you'll have any problem with that." He looked at me quickly and winked.

"You're so cheeky." I smiled, closing my eyes and resting my head on the back of my seat.

I can't remember what happened next, except waking up to loud music being played. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was immediately hungry, seeing that I hadn't eaten the whole day.

"Where are we?" I asked in a groggy voice, pushing my glasses up my face.

"Ah, you're up." Dan grinned and turned down the music. "We've got an hour to go."

"I'm hungry." I whined sleepily, stretching out my arms.

"Aw, baby." He said in a tone as if he were talking to an 8-year old.

"Pull over and get me food now or I will kill you." I demanded harshly.

"Damn, you're like Kayla on her period," His eyes widened. It was true. "I'll pull over soon."