Chapter 14

"Hi Phil." Dan smiled as I walked into our clearing in the woods. I had planned to meet him so I could give him his present. I'd added another special thing to the gift.

"Hey, Daniel." I grinned at him. I was so happy with him, why hadn't I said yes earlier? He patted the log beside him, so I say down. In silence, I handed him the little gift.

"Phil!" He groaned, smiling. "You didn't have to get me-"

"Oh shut up, you sexy little copier. You knew I was going to get you something." I brushed him off, pushing the present into his hands. He chuckled.

"Sexy little copier?" He asked, biting his lip. That made him even more sexy, which made the feeling come back.

"Shut up and open the present." I blushed furiously. He scoffed but did as I said, tearing the wrapping paper slowly. When he finally opened it, he laughed.

"Fall Out Boy: Folie à Deux and From Under the Cork Tree." He read the labels of the two albums. I smiled, a little embarrassed.

"I couldn't get much for people... I don't have much money, but I thought you would like-" I started to explain.

"I love them." He cut me off. I stopped talking and smiled at him. He knew just how to work a guy, and I didn't even mind.

"I have one more present." I told him, shifting around on the log. He cocked his head to the side.

"Phil, you didn't need to get me anything else." Dan told me.

"Shut up, I did anyways." I shushed him. "Since you have me your jacket to borrow-"

"Keep." He interrupted.

"Whatever. Since you gave me your jacket, I thought I'd give you something of mine that you can keep too." I handed him a huge ball of cloth. He unfolded it and started to grin, but then it faded.

"Phil, this is your favorite sweatshirt. I can't take this." He thrusted it back to me. I pushed it away, it was his now.

"Yes, you can. It's my gift to you, and it'd be rude not to take it." I slyly grinned. He smiled and hugged me. We stayed in the hug for a while.

"I think my parents want me home. Have to go somewhere, I think. I don't know where. " I said after we sat there for a while. It had started to snow; the first snow of that winter.

"I'll walk you home." He immediately responded and helped me up. We walked the same way as when he had found me crying in the woods that one day. The day he asked me out.

We got to my house after shoving each other playfully in the snow, which was beginning to stick to the frozen grass. It was sparkly and white, my favorite kind of snow.

"I'll talk to you later." I said as we reached my back door. He sadly nodded. We just wanted to stay with each other forever, but we couldn't and we knew it.

"Bye." I added. Before he could, I leaned in and kissed him. It must've looked so romantic, the two of us kissing in the snow. But we weren't paying attention to that, we were paying attention to how much we liked each other, how much we both mattered to each other.

"Bye." He breathed and I turned around like a tease and walked inside my house.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

danisnotonfire- when can i see you again? im dying D:

Amazing Phil- soon, babe

danisnotonfire- babe?

Amazing Phil- can i call you that?

danisnotonfire- please do

Amazing Phil- good. anyways, my family is coming back from manchester tomorrow. i can meet you in the woods at... midnight?

danisnotonfire- fantastic.

(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)(--)

I waited up that night to sneak out. My parents would've killed me if they'd known. At 11:45, I got up off of my bed and smiled. We had been in Manchester for 3 days, and I had seen Rachel and Cece and even Tyler. (Awkward shiver) But I was back in the London-y suburban area.

I really missed Dan in the 3 days I was gone, I missed his cheeky smile and sarcastic personality. I was so obsessed with him, but he felt the exact same way. It made me so confused, how could he have liked me. The nerdy, skinny boy from Manchester.

I slowly grabbed Dan's- my- coat from my desk and tip toed downstairs. I'd never snuck out before, and it was exhilarating. I was such a goody two shoes, it was such a thrill.

I stepped out into the cold air. It was snowing pretty hard, but I wasn't going back. I sprinted to the woods, the snow blurring my vision while sticking to my glasses. It was so dark, but the streetlights lit up as I ran past.

I took off my glasses, it was too hard to see. I got to the clearing in the woods, without my glasses. It was blurry and dark, so I couldn't see.

I suddenly found myself tripping over a stray root of a nearby tree. I yelped when I got caught by a mysterious shadow.

"You okay?" Dan's voice chuckled from behind me. I put in my glasses and turned around. There he was, looking as cute as ever. He was wearing my sweatshirt. It wasn't much, only a grey sweatshirt with a little moon with a galaxy print inside it. He looked extremely cute with it on, though.

"Hey Dan." I greeted him with a huge, tight hug. He returned the favor. It was snowing even harder than it was when I had left.

"How was Manchester?" he asked, grabbing my shoulders. I smiled, he was so warm and comforting.

"It was cool, I guess. But I had to see my ex." I told him as we sat down on a log. He tensed up a little.

"Your ex? Tyler?" He asked, with his teeth clenched. We had talked about him before we started dating, and I'd shown him pictures of us together. I suddenly regretted showing him a picture of us kissing.

"I don't like him anymore, Dan." I placed my head on his shoulder.

"But he's hotter than I am." He pouted. I scoffed.

"You know that's not true Dan. I'd rather have you any day." I snuggled up into him to prove it.

"How am I supposed to know that?" He whispered. I raised my head and looked at him. I looked through the darkness into his worried eyes.

"Because I can do this-" I said and kissed him. He kissed back hard. Another romantic kiss in the snow, and I was loving every second of it.

It started to snow even harder, to the point it was hard to see through it.

"We should go." Dan breathed after we pulled away, resting our foreheads against each others.

"I don't think I can make it to my house, it's too snowy." I breathed. He nodded, kissing my forehead then pulling away.

"Lets go to my house, then." Dan proclaimed. He grabbed my hand and pulled me off the log. I giggled, running through the snow with him. We reached his house in 5 minutes. When we got to his back door, we were both panting.

"I thought you were 'the big athlete.'" I panted, laughing at him. He groaned at me, pulling down the hood of the sweatshirt to reveal his adorable messy brown hair.

"That doesn't mean I'm in shape. Have you see my body?" He breathed, trying to catch his breath.

"No, but I'd like to." I winked. He grinned and pulled me up to his room.