Ashton

We all arrive at the hospital. Hazel and the baby boy both are great. 12 hours of labor was hard for Hazel though... but, something about all of this, something about holding that baby made me think....I want another one.
---------------------------------------------
"Babe." I say over to Sage while everyone else slept around the room. She had Olivia in her arms feeding her.

"There is a small diner at the end of the block, would you like to go?" I half whisper.

"Yeah totally, do you want to call your mom and ask her so come? I feel like that would be great." She looked at me as she grabbed her stuff and put Olivia in her carrier.

"Yeah!!" I say loudly. Calum throws a pillow at me... his way to say shut up.

We head out and walk to the diner. My mom should be there shortly after us... I'm so excited for her to meet her Granddaughter and Sage.

We get there and we order our food and begin eating...halfway through, I hear the bell of the door and have the sight of my mom running towards me with her arms open.

I can hear the light sobs come from her as she does not even consider letting me go.

"Mom this is Sage and your granddaughter Olivia." I say with a tear.

"Oh my god both of you are so beautiful!!" She says and hugs Sage.

"It's so amazing to finally meet you." Sage says matching my moms grip on her.

We all sit, and mom asks the question I was waiting for.

"May I hold her?" She asks looking at Sage.

"Of course!" She holds Olivia up, and hands her to my mom.

" This is so amazing. She favors you." She says looking at Sage.

"But she has her daddy's eyes and smile." She continues with a smile.

We continue in conversation, and mom gives us tips on parenting, and Sage and my mother get along well.

We all stand to leave.

I hug my mom and hear her whisper " come see me again."

I whisper back" mom I haven't talked to Sage but I want to move back here." And she nods and lets go with a smile.

She hugs Sage, and gives Olivia back. Sage says "Anne.."  as they exchange the baby.

" Thank you for creating a human being so wonderful and caring and life saving as Ashton. He is a great father and takes care of us the best he can. I admire you for raising him, and teaching him." She says holding my hand.

I blush and look down. "Thank you so much. He went through years of pain, and I was told I made a mistake. And this made everything worthwhile. There is no one I'd rather see Ashton with than you.... also if you ever need a place to stay, my door is always open."she says hugging Sage again.

And with that we head our separate ways.