Tatum

"So that's my story.." Sage sighed. "I honestly didn't plan on telling anyone... But you guys are like family, so.."

I took a deep breath. "I guess it's my turn..." I grabbed a chair, and sat down, tears already threatening to spill any second.

*FLASHBACK*

Another family., that's all I heard. Someone that I didn't want to live with. Not my real family. I never had a real family. They abandoned me on the front step of the orphanage...rang the doorbell, and ran off.

Mrs. Pierson was always nice to me. She always made me feel like I was wanted, even though deep down, I knew I wasn't.

I was 17... And it was the third foster home in a month. I ran every time. I only wanted Mrs. Pierson. That time, it was different. Mrs. Pierson wasn't there.

"Where's Mrs. Pierson?" My small voice only came out in a whisper.

The old lady turned to me, and grimaced. "She's gone... Said this wasn't what she wanted to do. Left all the kids to me."

Great, another important person to leave me.

Tears spilled from my eyes as the woman's eyes softened. "Are you a child here?" She asked.

"Tatum! Tatum!" Angela, the woman who was my foster mom, yelled for me. She ran into the orphanage, and grabbed me by the arm tightly. "Why did you run away?"

"I don't want you! You're not my real family! No one wants to adopt me!" I screamed, pulling my arm away.

Angela sighed. "No one wants to adopt you cause you're a brat."

It took everything I had to not jump on her. Bitch.

*that night*

"Ben, stop." I said, pushing the boy off me.

"Come on.. You know you want to.." His lips reattached to my neck. His hand traveled up my shirt.

"No, I don't. Stop." I tried pushing him away again.

"Listen here, you little bitch. You're going to do as I say, okay?"

Slap.

I gulped.

Slap.

I nodded. "O-okay..."

**********

He left me there, bruised and beaten. Tears had stained my cheeks, and I felt like I couldn't move. But I got up anyway. I grabbed a pair of sunglasses from the dresser, and all the cash I had. And I ran. I ran until I found a way out. I had about 15 minutes until the bus was to run. I went in and bought a ticket, and walked back outside, seeing two teenage girls around my age sitting on the curb. I walked over to them.

"You guys all good?" I asked, lifting my sunglasses a little.

They didn't answer. I sat down next to the girl with a few tattoos. "The name's Tatum, and no not as in Channing."

We all smiled, as the girl next to me got up, and went inside to buy a ticket.

Finally, the bus pulled up, and all three of us got on.

"I never got your names.."  I said.

"Sage.." The tattooed girl said.

"Hazel..." The other said.

Isn't it a coincidence that we're all going to the same place? I wonder why they're running...

*END FLASHBACK*

Somewhat longer chapter idk

Comment and vote! xx