Ashton

4 months later
_________________________
Today is Calums birthday and Luke said that tomorrow he'd be leaving because the divorce is finalized.

We decided not to include liquor at his surprise birthday party for obvious reasons.
Truth is I will miss him and our group won't be the same without him.
------------------------------------------------------

We are all hidden Sage and I and the baby are all crouched behind the table, the others are behind doors, on the counters, and behind doorways.

Everyone has pointy birthday hats on, even Olivia. There is streamer and 'happy birthday ' banners everywhere and balloons floating in the air and on the ground.

The lights are off, and we hear the doors to a car pull up. We hear Hazel say "Babe can I see the keys?" Which is cue for 'hey we are about to come in get ready' for us. Claim walks in, and turns the light on, and we all simultaneously jump up and yell "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" and blow in our cheap little horns.

Calum jumps and a big smile spreads across his face. We all pile into a group hug except Hazel.

She brings a cake around the corner with colorful lit candles and we begin singing.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Calum, Happy birthday to you!"

Hazel says to him, "close your eyes and make a wish love." And he does just that, and takes a big breath and blows all of the candles out at once. Everyone erupts claps and cheers.

"You guys are the best! I can't believe all of this is happening." He swings his arm around Hazel . "I love you all." And kisses Hazel with a smile.

Not soon enough, Olivia is in my arms and Sage cuts the cake and begins giving everyone a piece, and they head into the living room, where there is music.

I can't wait to show him his birthday gift and to play the guitar with Sage singing in front of everyone for the first time.

We all sit on the couches and chairs and the floor, as we all stuff our bellies full of cake. I look over and see Olivia with icing all over her face and hands and giggle to myself.

We finish and Sage cleans Olivia up, and hands her to Tatum.

" hey guys, we have a big surprise for the birthday boy here. " I was in a big smile and reach beside the couch for the guitar. " Hazel, you know what to do." I say in a have smirk.

She stands with a little struggle due to her baby bump, and takes Cals hand with a smile. He stands, and she half whispers, "dance with me love."

Sage sits on the arm of the chair beside of me, and nods at me. I begin to play, and she slightly sways the the music, as do Hazel and Calum.

Sage begins to sing with her eyes closed.

As I lay me down
Heaven hear me now
I'm lost without a cause
After giving it my all

Her eyes remain closed and I see them all turn to her in shock. She never sings in front of people. And right now they are amazed by her angelic voice.

Cal and Hazel dance on, and the Tatum and Michael. Luke sits beside us and begins singing with her and keeping the beat by hitting the table.

I look to you
I look to you
After all my strength is gone
In you I can be strong

This may be the last moment we have with Luke and I can't help but to think that...

The song finishes, and everyone claps. Sage opens her eyes and smiles wide, and gives me a kiss.

After that we all just hang out and play with Olivia. She is starting to walk and I see that time flies when your love is so strong.

Tatum and Michael leave. I guess Tatum could take seeing Luke leave, so she left first.

Olivia becomes very sleepy, and falls asleep in my arms. Luke had asked if Sage and I would take him to the airport early in the morning and we agreed. He won't tell us where he is going, which is more or less frustrating.

We say our goodbyes and all get into Sages car, and leave. We listen to music all the while with the heat in because it is undoubtedly -10 degrees and very cold.

I put my hand in Sages thigh while she is focused on the road. And a smile appears on her face.

Soon enough we arrive at ours home. Luke gets Olivia and we walk up to the door and walk in. Luke puts Olivia down to sleep, and then heads to the spear bedroom and we go to ours.

I take off my shirt and jeans, and slide into bed, while Sage goes to our bathroom. She walks out with my t shirt on, her hair down and her face clear.

I grin from ear to ear from her beauty and she looks down blushing.

"Chin up butter cup, and come here and love me." I say whining a little and holing my arms out.

She walks over to me and lays on top of me and rests her head on my chest and I wrap my arm around her tight. She leans up and kisses me. "I love you so much." She says looking in my eyes. "And I love you so much more love" I rebut and peck her lips again.

She rolls beside of me, and I wrap my arms around her and finally we both drift off into sleep.
______________
SAGE
____________

We all wake up, and get ready. I take Olivia to Hazels house because they wanted to spend the day with her.

Ashton drives and Luke is in the back seat, with red puffy eyes and barely able to keep his eyes open. He is leaning on his bags looking between Ashton and me.

We pull into the airport and into a spot. We walk Luke to his flight area... I tell them I will be back soon, and go to the Starbucks that seems forever away. I buy three coffees, and carry them back to the guys.

After sitting there for a little while, they call for the flight Ashton hugs Luke tightly as if he were trying to fit all of his shattered pieces back together just long enough to make him stay.

Luke bear hugs me. I hug him and try not to let my tears spill, because honestly I don't want him to leave.

"I put a letter in your purse, wait until you're alone to read it. This isn't forever." He whispers to me.

And with that, and without a chance to respond, he is off to the terminal. I give a weak smile to Ashton, and we make our way to our car.

We stop at a gas station. I quickly remember the letter, as Ashton gets out to pay for the gas.

I dig through my purse to find the envelope. On the front it has the words to Sage.

I open it and pull out the paper and begin reading it.
Dearest Sage,
I am sorry to leave, and I am sorry for kissing you that morning. However, I have found myself in a mess. Some how, as humans when we have a mess, we tend to runaway from them. You make me feel okay, and you make me smile when I don't want to. You are the one I'm closest to and the only one who could have ever made me feel better with any situation. I remember when you all first came into our lives laying eyes on you, and somehow instantly feeling the overwhelming connection between us. I wanted you, however I fell for Tatum. Listen to me carefully when you read, I love you. Not in a friend ship way. I love you in the way, I want to spend every moment with you, and have a family with you, and I want to sit on our front porch swing with our tea when we are 60... I want all of the good and bad times with you, and I'm so tired of denying myself of it all. I had to tell you but I couldn't face it, and for that I apologize. Please do not tell Ashton for it will hurt him. If you need me ever my address will be 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
With love and sorrow,
L.H.

Ashton walks out of the station and I quickly shove the paper in my purse. And in that moment, I knew what I had to do... go talk to him.

-Kay ✌🏻️