Ashton

I sit in Olivia's Room holding her. This baby girl is my glue in life. I look into her eyes and I see her beautiful mother. I see the life we can give her together, and show her what love is.

I know that Sage is in pain. I can hear her showering for the first time in three days. She hasn't left the house, and all she can do is hold Olivia and cry behind closed doors. I know Sage is still grounded though. She still loves her baby, and she still takes care of her.

We have barely communicated since the funeral, and that is not us, and I will be damned if that will ever be us.

I'm going to fix this. I'm going to love this woman for who she is, flaws and all. I'm going to raise Olivia with her, and wake up next to her on Sunday mornings. And I'm going to bake cupcakes with her at 2 a.m. And I will love her and Olivia if it's the last thing I do.

Sage
"It wasn't you Ash. You didn't do anything to drive me away. I feel so guilty for hurting you, and possibly playing a role in Luke's death..." I trail off as I stand in the shower rehearsing what I really want to say to Ashton.

My head has been twisted since I found out about Ashton cheating, then Luke, and then the guilt. It's like this endless domino effect in my life. I have a decent life. But this feeling, this feeling is relentless, bottomless hole that I have dug and am now drowning in.

I hear the bathroom door open followed by a cold breeze sending shivers down my spine.

"Babe.." I hear Ash say. "May I get in?"

I peak my head around the curtain to see a naked Ashton half smiling.

"Of course." I reply with a giggle. I open the curtain to allow him access.

"We need to talk about it Sage. I need to know where we stand, instead of keeping this to ourselves... I know how your brain works love and it's self destructing before my eyes and I can't fix it." He says fast and looking down.

I shed a tear... anything I wanted to say has left my mind.
I tremble.

" I love you more than anyone could. I forgive you. My guilt has just grown and grown, and you're right, I'm slowly deteriorating from the person, the mom, I was before this. For that I'm selfish. I don't want this to be our end Ash..." I trail off in barely audible sobs of pure pain.
He hold me for the first time in weeks, and I know this is where I belong. This is how I know we will be okay.

Awwww my heart
-kay👌🏻