7 - Text

Mitch: hi scott? it's mitch from the concert last night

Mitch was nervous as hell to text the love of his life, but that sure wasn't going to stop him. He was too excited, thrilled, to have a direct contact to Scott and of course he was going to use it.

He typed out the message carefully and clicked send with shaky fingers. Then he drank some water to help with his nerves, before deciding to watch tv.

Mitch needed a distraction or else he would be on his phone all day, waiting for a reply.

He sat down with his back against the headboard of his bed and turned on the tv, keeping his phone close just in case it beeped.

The small boy flipped on Spongebob, his favourite show, and took another quick sip of water.

He was just getting into the show when a noise sounded from his phone and he jumped, practically pouncing on it.

Scott: hi mitch! I'm so happy you texted me!

Mitch typed back so fast that his fingers were a blur over the screen.

Mitch: I'm excited that you texted me back!

Is that too much? He wondered after but decided he didn't care. After sending the message, he couldn't stop his mind from racing.

"Mom!" He called, jumping out of his bed and heading down the hall. "Dad!"

I entered the kitchen and grabbed a bag of chips. "We're in the living room," My dad said and I took my snack into the other room.

"Guess what!?" I said, sitting down on the couch beside Nel.