16 - Old News

Dedicated to the lovely SCOMICHE-IS-LIFE 💕

"I wanted to bring you somewhere that was pretty," Scott told Mitch as they sat down on a bench. "But you're so much prettier to look at."

Mitch blushed - he probably hadn't stopped blushing this whole time - and Scott smiled at him. "Thanks Scott," Mitch giggled, taking a sip of his coffee.

They were quiet for a few minutes before Scott turned to face the smaller boy and grinned. "So," he said. "I want to know everything about you." Mitch's eyes widened in surprise, not having expected this. It turns out that his date with Scott was nothing at all how he had expected and he was enjoying every minute of it.

He wad only slightly worried about that last comment, even though he knew Scott would have to find out eventually. Better sooner than later, I suppose, Mitch thought. At least then he knows what he's dealing with.

"Everything?" Mitch asked, his voice cracking in the middle of the word. Scott nodded and Mitch swallowed hard. "Okay well, I'm 24," he started slowly. "I'm an only child and I still live with my parents. I've been looking for my own place but I'd need a roommate. I don't like to be by myself very much."

Mitch was uncomfortable admitting these things out loud and Scott could tell. He took the brunette's hands in his and squeezed them reassuringly. "You don't have to tell me anything you don't want to," Scott frowned, not wanting to push his date past his personal limits.

Mitch shrugged. "I know," he said. "But you should know what you're dealing with here." Scott sighed, wishing Mitch could see just how wonderful he is.

The brunette didn't really know how to say his big secret. He was nervous that it would scare off Scott and ended up just blurting it out in a moment of panic. "I'm trans."

Then he clapped a hand over his mouth, eyes wide as he realized what he just did. Scott was a little surprised but smiled so that Mitch knew it was okay. "Okay, but that's old news." he said comfortingly, quickly adding, "right?" Scott didn't want to assume anything or accidently offend his date.

Mitch nodded, a large smile breaking out on his face. "It is. I came out a year ago and I've been on testosterone for almost a year now." Scott was smiling too. "That's great Mitch. That doesn't bother me at all, if that's what you're worried about."

"I was, but not so much anymore. I just wanted you to know." Scott smiled fondly at the boy and intertwined their free hands.