9 - Call

Scott: is it ok if I call you? It's just easier than texting back and forth

Mitch's eyes widened while reading the message. "He wants to call me..." Mitch was surprised by even the thought.

Mike and Nel grinned at eachother before she nudged Mitch lightly with her arm. "Well? What are you waiting for?"

Mitch chuckled nervously and shrugged, unsure. "I dunno," he replied, finger hovering over the send button on his phone.

Mike turned his head a little to read the message he was contemplating better and raised his eyebrows.

Mitch: you want to call me? Why?

"Don't send that Mitch," he said, moving his son's finger away from the phone. "Let him call you! It could work out really well and you obviously are infatuated with this boy."

The petite brunette blushed at his father's words but nodded his agreement. "I am," he mumbled but both his parents still heard it and Nel said a quiet 'aw'.

"Don't be nervous hun, he's probably even more nervous," Nel comforted, pushing Mitch to say yes.

He sighed, then sent Scott a text, much different than the original one he had planned.

Mitch: sure you can!

It was overly cheery and not at all how Mitch was feeling at that moment, but the details really important. Not even a minute later, Mitch's phone was ringing, the Spongebob theme song blaring through his tiny speakers.

Mike and Nel chuckled, motioning for him to accept the call already!