72 - Crying

Scott heard loud sobbing and even though he'd been deep in dreamland only a minute earlier, he suddenly felt wide awake. He sat up, realizing that Mitch was no longer snuggled up against him but curled up against his side of the bed. Scott briefly wondered when Mitch moved there and how he didn't wake up from the movement, but he temporarily shrugged it off. That wasn't important.

Mitch was.

"Hey baby," Scott whispered, throwing the covers off of himself and lowering to the floor beside the crying boy. "Baby, it's alright, sh, you're okay."

He kept up the commentary, maneuvering his arms around Mitch and pulling him onto his lap. He pressed light kisses on the brunette's ear, neck, cheek, finally moving up to Mitch's hair and nuzzling his nose against it.

"What's wrong?" He mumbled, eyes closing as Mitch's crying started to cease. "I... I didn't mean to wake you up," Mitch whimpered, turning to bury his face in Scott's bare chest.

His shoulders were still shaking with sobs and Scott gently ran a hand up and down Mitch's back, hoping that it would help Mitch calm down.

"It's okay honey," Scott replied sadly. It hurt to see his baby so distraught without knowing how to help him. "I don't mind." Then he hesitated, curious to know what had made Mitch upset. "Tell me how I can help."

Mitch's heart nearly skipped a beat. That was such a sweet thing for Scott to say to him and it meant so much in that moment. He peeked up at Scott, noting the worry in his boyfriend's eyes. He frowned, then brought a hand up to wipe away the rest of his tears.

"Stay with me please," he requested, voice coming out scratchy and hoarse.

Scott nodded instantly and held Mitch a little closer. "Literally wouldn't even dream of leaving." Mitch gasped out a sob at the words and Scott was quick to backtrack.

"I-I mean, I'll always be here with you. You're moving in with me, remember? We'll always be together, you'll probably get sick of seeing me all the time." Mitch let out a watery chuckle, managing to hold back his tears. "I could never get tired of you. You're my whole world."

"I love you so much Mitchy. Now, let's go downstairs and I'll make you some tea and then we can snuggle." Scott suggested, picking Mitch up bridal style and standing up slowly. "I love you too Scotty," Mitch smiled up at the blonde as they headed down the stairs. "Thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I'd do without you."