86 - Interruption

"Mike, I'm asking if it's okay for me to propose to your son."

Not surprised, the older man smiled, but Scott kept talking before Mike could answer.

"I know it's an old tradition, a terribly degrading one too, but I only ask out of respect for Mitch, and his - your - family."

Mike laughed. "Oh, Scott, I understand why you asked. It would only be degrading if that was your intent, and I know it's not."

Scott flushed, butterflies in his tummy. "So is it okay?" He asked in a small voice. "I don't even know if he'd say yes, it might be too soon, but I've been thinking about this for a while now and-"

Mike cut him off. "Scott, breathe. Of course you can propose to Mitch. You make him the happiest I've ever seen him and I want whatever makes him happy. You make him happy. He loves you so much more than you know. I can't imagine him saying anything but yes."

"You really mean that?" Scott was so glad that Mike was okay with him proposing, and that there's a good chance Mitch will say yes.

"Really mean what?"

Both men froze in surprise. Scott would know that voice anywhere, and of course Mitch would have to interrupt this conversation.

Mitch was leaning up against the doorway, smiling at his dad and boyfriend. He was happy to see them getting along, but curious about whatthey were talking about.

"Oh nothing," Scott said quickly, looking back at Mike with a wink.

Mike laughed. "The ribs are ready!" He exclaimed. "Let's go eat."

Mitch looked between them suspiciously, but didn't push. "Okay," he smiled, taking Scott's hand and leading him inside.

What do you think???

Ahh I'm so excited!!