26 - Question

Sorry for not updating in a while. I've been having writer's block :(

"I have a question," Mitch asked almost an hour later. They had just decided to take a dip in the water and Scott had carefully folded his dress once it was off and put it on the blanket. Mitch hadn't gotten in yet and decided he wanted to ask about the dress. Which brought them back to this.

Scott raised an eyebrow at Mitch, who was sitting on a rock near the water, his legs dangling off of it, still fully clothed. The boy looked so beautiful that Scott almost didn't hear him, too busy staring at him. "This is probably going to come out wrong," Mitch was saying when Scott focused on the words. "But I was wondering why you're wearing a dress."

Scott laughed in surprise, choosing his words carefully. "I wanted to show you that regardless of what society says, boys can wear dresses just as much as girls can. I'm sure people aren't always the nicest to you about it, especially since you haven't always identified as a boy, and I just wanted to show you that there's absolutely nothing wrong with it at all."

Mitch looked thoughtful and Scott watched him silently. "Thank you," Mitch finally said with a little smile. "That's literally the nicest thing... it means a lot to me."

There was a light blush forming on Mitch's cheeks and Scott found it adorable. Everything about Mitch was adorable. "I'm glad you liked my little surprise." Scott smiled back. "It's pretty, isn't it?"

Mitch glanced back at the dress, which was folded behind him. "It really is. It looks great on you." Scott nodded with a laugh and Mitch joined him.