101 - Epilogue

"I have something to tell you guys."

Mitch's leg was bouncing with excitement. It's like he just couldn't sit still.

He was at his parent's house, sitting across from them in the kitchen. It reminded him of the day he came out to his parents as transgender, and he smiled. He'd come so far since then.

"I can't tell if you're nervous or excited. Spit it out already!" Mike chuckled, glancing at Mitch's moving knee quickly. He leaned over and handed his son a glass of water, just so he would have something to focus on.

"A mix of both," Mitch laughed, smiling at his parents. "Okay, this is reminding me so much of the day I came out. Except today I already know what your reactions will be."

Nel gave her husband a look, hoping that Mike had a clue what was going on. "I guess it kind of is like that. But back to your news. Are you going to tell us or what?" She asked impatiently, making her family laugh.

"Scott and I went on a date last night. He took me to the Starbucks we went to on our very first date, then to a park that he decorated all pretty. He wrote me notes with all of the reasons that he loves me, and I might have cried a little bit. I can't believe that I got so lucky."

Mitch's eyes were watering now, just thinking about how sweet his now-finacé is - about how much Scott loves him.

Both of his parents were smiling, so happy that their son found a man who treats him right.

"He told me to look at the stars... oh, I need a minute!" Mitch wiped at his eyes with a teary chuckle. "God, I'm embarrassing. I promise this is a happy story! These are happy tears."

"Take your time honey," Nel reassured sweetly, even though she really just wanted to know the rest of the story.

"Okay, I'm good now. Anyways, we looked at the stars for a bit. Scott said sappy things about how we've come a long way and then I looked over and he was on one knee and, well, I said yes."

Mitch held out the hand with his engagement ring on it and smiled brightly at his parents. "We're getting married."

"That's awesome Mitchy!" Mike grinned. "Scott asked me a while back if it would be okay if he proposed, and of course I said yes. I've been wondering when it would happen."

Nel rolled her eyes at her husband. "I'm so happy for you," she said to Mitch. "You really have come a long way and we're all so proud of you."

"Thank you guys. Scott always says that everything I've had to overcome to get where I am now is what makes me so special. I can't wait to start a new chapter of my life with him."

-

Special is finally done.

I'm actually kind of sad about it. I had a lot of fun writing this story, even though it took me so long to come up with ideas and such.

So, a lot of you wanted a wedding chapter as the last one, but I've decided that I'm going to write a sequel! (Might still post the wedding chapter here too.)

The first chapter will be their wedding, and the rest of the story will be Scott and Mitch settling into life as a married couple, Mitch joining the band, dealing with publicity being famous (the good and the bad parts), and where their journeys might take them.

I don't have a title yet or a cover, but I have ideas lol. Book 2 will be a lot shorter than this book.

Thank you all so much for reading and voting for this book!!!

If you want, you can go check out my newest book 'Write Me A Happy Ending'! It's about Mitch as an author and Scott as a character Mitch wrote. And they fall in love lol.

Wedding chapter should be out soon!!!