85 - Ribs

"Mitchy!" Nel shouted, swinging the front door open excitedly. She hated to admit that she missed her son, but it was true. It felt weird not to have her little boy around all the time.

"Hi mom," Mitch replied, blushing with embarrassment as his mother hugged him tightly. Scott laughed.

"Nice to see you Mrs. Grassi." He smiled, then corrected, "Nel."

She let go of Mitch and gave Scott a hug too. "Same to you," she beamed. "I'm glad to have you both back. Mike's in the backyard right now. I think he mentioned barbeque or something."

Scott's eyes lit up. "I'm gonna go say hi!" He chirped, already making his way towards the screen door; he could already smell the ribs cooking from through it and the scent made his mouth water.

"Hey Mike," Scott grinned, walking through the door. "Smells amazing!"

Mike laughed, then smiled up at the blonde. "You think everything I make smells good," he teasingly replied. "But thank you. Where's Mitchy?"

Scott shrugged. "Talking to Nel. Those two can really gossip up a storm!" The boys laughed. Mike knew exactly what he meant by that.

"Oh, I know," he agreed, poking at the ribs with some metal tongs. "Quite the pair, they are. I'm really glad you're here now to be my gossip buddy."

Scott flushed with pride. He definitely had Mike's approval. But he still wanted to ask.

"So, there's something I wanted to talk to you about," the blonde said slowly, staring at the flowers blooming throughout the backyard.

"Okay," Mike smiled. He had a good idea what it was.

Scott took a deep breath, trying to calm his sudden nerves. He could do this. Mike would say yes, and Mitch would too, when the time came. He just had to ask the question. Why was he so nervous?

"Calm down, Scott. Take a deep breath." Mike sounded concerned, and it made Scott smile.

"Thank you, I'm okay. It's just... I've never done this before. I'm pretty nervous."

Mike chuckled. "I know what you mean."

"I don't really know how to say this," Scott said, moving his gaze to Mike. "I probably should have prepared a speech, or something. But I think I'm just gonna go for it."

Scott paused and Mike nodded, encouraging him to continue. "I love Mitch so much and we've been together for almost a year. It doesn't seem like a very long time, but I don't think there should be time restraints on love. We've been through so much together and I want to continue experiencing life with Mitch by my side."

That's beautiful, Mike thought. If there was ever a perfect man for his son, Scott was it, and Mike hoped that this speech would end how he thought it would. But he already knew that it would. It was just a father's fifth sense.

Double update!

Hope y'all liked this chapter! Comment what you think is going to happen next!!!