Chapter 6: The secret

Jack's POV:

"Woah! Ahhh! Are you crazy?!" I shouted to her.
"Oh my god! Okay, just... Um... Stay there!"

I could barely hang onto the branch. She started to climb the tree. She was pretty good, too! I didn't know she could do that!

"You! Must be! The craziest! Person! I've! Ever meet!" I screamed.
"Just hang on!" She answered.
"T-That's easy for you to say! You're not the one whose life is at stake!"
"Don't worry! I'll help you, alright?"
"Usually, it's the prince who saves the princess..."
"We're not in a book, Jack!"

She finally got to the branch I was hanging from. She took out her hand and I took it, with a bit of difficulty, might I add, but gravity can be a real bitch sometimes... After that, I was finally sitting on my branch, and so was Elsa. Then I realized my books had fallen off the tree.

"Oh, come on! *sigh*" I whispered to myself, looking at the books on the ground.
"What? Hiccup's books?" She said.
"Um... *nervous chuckle* Y-Yes?"
"Funny, because Merida told me Hiccup hates to read... So, tell me why you have books before I push you off this tree."
"That seems unnecessary... The books... are... mine."
"You can read?! Since when?!"
"I'm good in school, alright?!"

"You got like 10 F's this year and you're average is D in almost every class... The best grade you ever had is a C. I seriously doubt you're good."
"Actually, my best grade was... A+."
"Nope! You're lying."
"I hacked into the school grading system and changed my garde to D+..."
"Bullshit! Why would you even do that?!"
"Because I... *sigh*"
"Well..."
"*whispers* I'm a nerd..."
"*chuckle* A nerd? You're kidding, right?"

"I have an IQ of 137." I said, quickly.
"Holy shit! You have superior intelligence!"
"*chuckle* I know. But don't tell anyone!"
"What? Why not?"
"Because... People'll call me nerd..."
"Well, your secret is safe with me... until you fuck with me... then I'll tell whoever I want!"
"Alright! Thanks, Elsa!"

She smiled and I'm pretty sure she blushed, too! But she turned her head and started to climb down the tree, so I didn't see well. When we were finally on the ground, she handed me my books, got on her canoe and rowed away. I just stayed there, watching her. She's the first person I ever told my secret, and the craziest thing is: I actually trust her!

Elsa's POV:

When I got back to shore, I looked back and saw that Jack was still on the other side, with his books I really never would have guessed he was that smart! I myself have an IQ of 140 and he has one of 137! That's almost impossible! Wait... It is impossible! Did he lie to me again?! Ugh, whatever!

I just went home. That's when I realized It was already 3, so I went to the cafeteria and bought myself a two slices of pepperoni pizza and sat at my table, alone.

30 minutes later and I was still eating my pizza, whichI know is slow, but I was feeling down because of... you-know-who. Then, I got a surprise from the secret nerd.

"You like pizza, too?" He asked.
"Mm-hm..." I answered.
"How long have you been sitting there?"
"About 30 minutes..."
"Hey, you all right?"
"Do you have to sit in front of me?"
"Well, you were sitting there alone, so I thought..."
"Just go back to your place alright?"
"Geez! Alright!"

He got up and went back to were he should be... Right behind me... but at least, I  don't have to see his liar face. I quickly finished my plate and went back to my house, finally.

When I went inside, nobody was there. I guess Anna, Rapunzel and Merida just went out. They're all 16, after all! It was still early, so I decided to go check out the library. I checked the map Rudy had given us and followed it until I reached the library's door. I opened it and it was... amazing!

The walls were covered in books and there were couches all over the place. It was like an old school library... Like a castle library! It's really cool! I checked some of the books and found one that looked pretty interesting.

It's Stephen King's 'It'. It's about seven children that get scared by this evil entity that dresses as a clown and feasts on their fear or something weird like that... There's the movie coming soon, so... While I'm here, I figured I might as well read it and compare later.

I rented the book and went home with a smile on my face. As I was walking, I saw Jack doing the same. We exchanged a pretty awkward eye contact. It looks like he's mad at me... I just asked him to got to his place. It's not a big deal, right?