Chapter 21: Final dance

Jack's POV:

In thirty minutes, the dance's gonna begin... To prepare for it, I put on some black Levi's, a white shirt, a dark blue tie, my all-black Converses and Kristoff lent me his black suspenders. When I told him I didn't need them, he told me: "Dude! It's classy! Girls like classy!" So I took them.

I have to say, I looked very good! And for my hair, I took a shower (obviously) and I just left them like the normal go...

There wasn't a lot of people in the gymnasium at the begin, but, as the time went by, more and more person came in. Elsa still wasn't there. Maybe she said yes not to hurt my feelings but has no intention of coming... Or maybe she's just not ready. I'm gonna go with the second one!

I went to get some fruit punch and Hiccup came with me. As we were talking, Hiccup looked behind me, widened his eyes and said: "Dude..." I looked behind me and saw Elsa, Anna, Merida and Astrid walking in. They looked around the room until the noticed us. They came over while I kept staring at her.

"Hey Hiccup! Come on! Let's go there!" Astrid said to him, pointing a corner at the opposite site.
"U-Um... Y-Yeah! *whisper* Sorry, dude, you're alone from now on!" He replied.

Astrid dragged him away, leaving me alone... with Elsa. Well, with her sister and Red, but they quickly left us alone and went to see Kristoff. I was still staring at her. I'm pretty sure my mouth was open.

"Hey..." She said lightly.
"H-Hey... U-Um... *scoff*" I managed to answer.
"What?"
"It just... wow! You look... beautiful! I mean, you always were, but... *puff* Wow!"
"*blush* Th-Thanks... You look nice, too..."
"Thank you! But, you know, there's a big difference between 'nice' and 'beautiful'..."
"R-Really?"
"Yeah. 'Nice' is just like 'Oh! You look nice today!'. 'Beautiful' is like 'Wow! You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my life!'. There's a huge difference... In your case, you don't look nice. You look beautiful, gorgeous, amazing!"
"U-Um... *blush* T-Thanks..."

I made her blush! Well, to be fair, I'm sure I was red as well. But I'm just telling the truth! She's beautiful! She's gorgeous! She... Everything!

We stayed silent for a moment. Suddenly, the camp's manager voice was heard in the speakers.

"Hello, boys and girls! Welcome to the final dance! Before you get to the actual dance, I have to talk to you about some things..."

...Bla-bla-bla...

He went on about how great it was for him and for all the other staff to have spent time with us and how we made a lot of friends. I don't think 'friendship' is the only thing that happened during those seven weeks...

When he finished, me and Elsa looked at each other and smiled.

"Wanna sit down on the benches?" I asked her.
"Sure!" She answered. We sat down and stayed silent for a while. Music started to play.
"So... Do you want to dance?"
"Um... I don't..."
"Oh, come on! It could be fun..."
"No! *scoff* I-It's not that! It just that..."
"That what?" She turned her head to look at me.
"I never learned to dance."

"Never?" I asked. She shook her head. "Well then, it's a good thing you have me... I'm not so bad. I'll teach you!"
"R-Really?" She asked.
"Sure! You just have to trust me and trust yourself! Do you?"
"I trust you, but I don't think I trust myself..."
"Oh, well! One's good enough! Come on!"

She giggled. I took both of her hands and help her get up. I dragged her to the dance floor and started to jump. She looked at me with a 'What are you doing?' look. I stopped and said: "All right. Here's the deal, I'm more classical music... You know, a Valse kind of dance... This stuff I don't know. I just do what the others are doing!"