Chapter 11: Having a crush

Jack's POV:

The next morning, the guys were all talking about me and Elsa.

"Come on! Don't deny it! You totally like her!" Kristoff said.
"I totally don't! Stop saying that!" I answered.
"If we're saying it, it's because we see something there!" Hiccup said.
"If there really is something there, why don't I see it? I don't like her! That's final!"
"Okay, okay! But you can't say nothing about her body!" Flynn said.
"Come on, man! That's just disrespectful... I mean..."
"Did you just hear yourself?! You said it was disrespectful! That means you actually like her!" Haddock said.
"What?! I... It's... Man! That's like, so not... I just... Um... *nervous chuckle* I'm a feminist?"

They just scoffed and went to eat breakfast... I did too, but... after.

Today, we had scrabbled eggs, bacon and some sliced tomatoes. It was normal, you know? Good, but it's really just a breakfast that most people have in the morning.

After that, me and Elsa had to wash the plates...

Just to give you an idea, there are 6 groups. In each group, there are 8 persons, not counting the one adults who's supervising them... so 9 in each group. That makes a total of 54 persons. Then all the other staff comes and gets breakfast at the same time. So that's about another 50 other persons. Now if we do the simple math, it comes down to roughly 104 persons... A hundred and four plates! That's a lot if you ask me!

"*grunt* This really sucks!" I said to her.
"*scoff* Tell me about it! I've probably never worked that hard in my life!" She answered.
"Well... There was yesterday..."
"Okay, today, yesterday and the next two weeks!"
"*laugh* Yeah! *giggle*"

"Jack? Can I ask you something?" She asked, after a moment of silence.
"Yeah! Anything! I'm stuck here with you, right?" I answered.
"Um... I got a... lecture? Yeah... from my roommates... Did you... get one, too?"
"Lecture? What kind of lecture?"
"Um... *nervous chuckle* O-On... us?"
"Oh! Um... Y-Yeah... We did... What did you talk about?"

Elsa's POV:

Oh god! I don't want to tell him! Wait, no... Let me rectify that... I can't tell him!

"Um... I'd rather not say... Could you?" I finally answered.
"I don't know... Maybe?" He said.
"Then what did you boys talk about..."
"We... Well, they... mostly talked about... me... having a... *clears throat*... Um... *nervous chuckle*"
"Having a... What?"
"A-A c-cru... *grunt* A crush on you!"

"*scoff* That's exactly what we talked about, too!" I said.
"But that's impossible, right?!" He asked.
"Me and you?! Pfft! That's just irrational! I would never!"
"Me neither! I mean, not that you're not a nice person..."
"Oh, no! That's not it at all! You're a very cool guy, it's just that... I don't know..."
"Yeah... I don't know either..."

"I-Is it that impossible?" I asked him.
"I don't know... We do get along pretty good, but..."
"And we almost have the same coloured hair!"
"*laugh* Yeah! And that! *chuckle* You're funny."
"And so are you!"
"Wow! It's the first time I've heard you say that! Considering the fact that you've never laughed at any of my joke the whole year..."
"Right... and I'm sorry for that."
"Oh, don't worry! You're laughing now, so... I forgive you..."

He then lightly pushed me with his shoulder and smiled. I'm really glad we had our little talk. Now we know for sure that we'll never be together... but... what if... What if my roommates were right? What if they were all right?

Hiccup's POV:

I can't believe Jack doesn't see it! Maybe he just doesn't want to see! Maybe he really does like her, but he just can't admit to himself.

That's what's different between me and him. I can actually admit that I have a crush on someone...

In my case, this someone is Astrid. She's one of the girl in Group 6. We have 4 activities with her group: archery, rock climbing, ball games and survival skills.

Okay, it kinda sounds like I'm a stalker, but I'm not! I'm just this guy that likes this girl and that basically knows her entire schedule... Okay, that is really creepy...

At first, the guys were pairing me up with Merida, but what the hell?! She's really nice and cool... but I don't think she's the boyfriend kind... and she's not my type, anyway... Well, she does have a lot of things in common with her, but Astrid's got this thing about her that Merida just... doesn't!

Fortunately, today, we have survival skills. Well, I suck at that... At any sports really! But Astrid's gonna be here! I'm gonna make my first move!

Rudy took us to the forest and we stopped at one point. We waited for the other group to arrive and when it did, I totally froze. She was there and I was just staring at her like a total creep! She noticed me, obviously, but she just rolled her eyes and listened to the instructions.

Everyone got to work. We had to make a shelter with a team of two or three... Merida knew I had a crush on her, so she kinda helped me out. I was in team with her and Astrid. We started building, well... they did. I just tried to not get in their way.

"S-So.... A-Astrid... W-... H-How do you know how to build a shelter in the forest?" I asked her.
"My dad. He always brought me along with him on his hunting trips, so he showed me some things..." She answered.
"H-Hunting? That's kinda cool!"
"*scoff* Yeah, it is!"
"Um... Y-You wanna hear a joke?"
"Sure!"
"What's the best way to hunt bear?"
"How?"
"With your clothes off..."
"*scoff* Not bad, Hiccup!"

"Y-You know my name..." How does she know my name?!
"Of course I do! We have three activities together and, you know... Stuff gets around..." She answered.
"Actually it's four!"
"I knew you counted! And I also know that you like me..."
"W-What?! Pfft! I... It... That's..."
"Oh, come on! You always stutter when you're around me and you're always looking at me with those eyes of yours! Don't worry, though! You're cute..."
"Um... R-Really? I-I am?"

She looked up at me, smiled and said: "Yeah... Really..."

I can't believe I found love before Jack did!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so.... Longer chapter, but hey! It's Hiccstrid, so it doesn't matter! I really had no idea what to do for this chapter so... Hope it's good too! Thanks for those like what... 55 comments? It's pretty crazy! Anyways, thank you for reading my book!
-Maya's Stories