Chapter 20: Preparing

Jack's POV:

So... today's our last day. Like all Sundays, we have the day off, but tonight's special. The staff prepared in the gymnasium this big fancy buffet for the dance. I'm kinda nervous, because I'm thinking about asking Elsa to the dance... I really hope she's gonna say yes.

I'm not the best dancer, but I'm not the worst, either! My mom taught me some Valse steps. I used to get on her feet and dance with her. Then, those dancing skills got transferred to my little sister from me to her.

So, classical music, I got it all figured out. Hip-hop or all the other modern music, not so much. All you really do is jump around or turn on the floor. That's the reason why I don't really dance on a daily basis. When I listen to music, I just nod my head to the beat like a normal person.

We'd have to wear something fancy and comb our hair and everything... Me... with combed hair... Can you imagine that? I sure can't! I'll try to look nice for Elsa, though.

Last Friday, we had the Lacrosse game and after we went for a swim in the lake. Me and Elsa swam a bit further than everyone to be... alone.

I don't know if it means anything, but she held my hand and... That was one of the best thing that every happened to me while I was here. The other thing is when we were stuck on the tree and we hugged each other. That was pretty great too...

"So... Did you ask Elsa yet?" Hiccup asked me after breakfast.
"Why would you assume that I'd only ask Elsa?" I replied.
"Are you kidding, dude?! Because she's the only girl you talk to!"
"What?! I talk to a lot of girls! Like, Merida, or Anna, or Rapunzel!"

"That's because there in our group, Genius!" Flynn shouted from the other side of our house.
"Ugh! Whatever! I didn't ask anyone yet..." I said.
"Dude! You gotta! What if someone asked Elsa, already?"
"What?! N-Nobody did! Even if it did happen, she would've said no!"

"I don't know, Jack... Elsa's a nice person. I don't think she would've declined the offer... I think she's the kind of person that can't say no..." Hiccup said.
"Wait... Do you think someone actually asked her?!" I asked in an alarming voice.
"I don't know! You better go ask her! Now!"
"Oh god! Okay! Just..."

And I ran off to Elsa's house... Just like that.

Elsa's POV:

I heard knocking on my door. I was too lazy to get up from my bed, so Merida went to open it. After a few seconds, I heard her scream: "Elsa! It's for you!" I got up and walked to the door. It was Jack!

"Elsa! Hi!" He said, lightly panting. Had he been running before knocking on my door?
"Jack! W-What are you doing here?" I asked him.
"Um... I wanted to ask you something! Before anyone else could..."
"Really? What is it?" Please tell me that's what I think it is!
"Um... *nervous chuckle* Would you... want to... maybe... go to the dance with me?"
"Yes! O-Of course I would!"
"Really?! Yes! Um.. All right! Good! Great! I'll, um, see you tonight then!"
"Yeah! See you tonight!"

When I closed the door and turned around, all the girls were looking at me with huge smiles on their faces. Then it hit me... I can't dance...

"Oh my god! Elsa! You have a date! You actually have a date! That's amazing! You're gonna dance with him, and finally declare your love for him! Then you'll get married and have lots of kids an-"
"No ones declaring anything! I'm not gonna do that! And... I don't think I can dance with him..." I said, cutting of Rapunzel.
"What?! Elsa! You just said yes! You have to go!" Anna screamed.
"I know! But... *sigh* I can't dance! I don't know how to!"
"Don't worry about that! You just let Jack do all the dancing and you'll be fine!" Rapunzel explained.
"But I-"
"You already said yes, so no going back!" Merida said.

I'm really worried... What am I gonna wear?! How should I style my hair?! I've never been on a date before! Wait... It's not a date! It's a dance! There's thousands of thoughts in my head right now!

"It's not a date! It's just a dance, all right?" I said to them.
"Sure... Just a dance... with fancy food... and romantic music... where you'll be three inches from each other... But sure! It's just a dance..." Merida replied sarcastically.
"A-... Ugh! Whatever! I just... What am I gonna wear?"
"You leave that to me!" Rapunzel answered with enthusiasm.

I sighed and she started to talk about how to dress for a date (even though its not technically a date). I showed her all of my clothes and she picked out some things out of my suitcase.

There was this dark blue skirt that goes to the knees and this light blue long sleeve shirt, but the sleeves where kind of see through. She said it was the perfect outfit. Then we went to find the perfect shoes for the perfect outfit... I had those short blue Converses, so she picked those.

"Now we have to think about the hair..." She said, looking at me from top to bottom.
"For that, I know exactly what to do!" Anna said.

My sister started to mess with my hair. She made this french braid and, when she was done, she moved it so that it went over my left shoulder. Rapunzel gasped.

"Elsa! You look beautiful!" She said.
"Oh! So I wasn't before?" I asked.
"You know what I mean!"
"*chuckle* Yeah, yeah. I know!"

Then we just have to wait a few hours.

I wonder how Jack's gonna look...