Chapter 10: Always trouble

Jack's POV:

The camp manager's way more scary than Mr. North! Like, his voice isn't as deep as our principal's voice, but he has this way of talking that gives me chills up my back! I think Elsa thinks that way too, because when he asked us to go to his office, I could clearly see fear in her eyes...

When we arrived at his office, I was really surprised. His office was huge! It was on the third floor of the main building and when you looked out his window, you could see all of our houses. He had his wooden desk on one side of the room and two chairs in front of in.

We sat down on them and he began speaking.

"Who started it?"
"It was me." We said at the same time.
"Do you have any idea what you did?"
"Well, yeah! We had a huge food fight!" I answered. Elsa chuckled.
"Oh, you think it's funny?!"
"U-Um... No, sir." She answered.
"You've wasted food and money! How do you think you'll repay that?!"
"We can't, sir... We don't have any money..." I said in a half-serious, half-totally obvious voice. Elsa smiled.

"Do you really think this is funny?!"
"No, sir. Sorry, sir." She replied.
"Because you seem to be easily amused at what he's saying!"
"Um... It's just the way he says it... I'll stop, I promise."
"Good! Now, I want you to listen very carefully. You two are gonna clean up the cafeteria tonight."
"Yes, sir." We answered in unison.
"And for the next two weeks, you'll clean up every plate after breakfast, noon and supper!"
"*grunt* It's a bit much, don't you think?" I asked.
"Since you don't have the money, that's how you'll repay me."

Elsa and I looked at each other and nodded to the camp's manager. We got up and went to the cafeteria. It was empty, except for the cooks in the kitchen. They handed us mops and buckets of water. We took them and got to work.

"It's the second time you get me in trouble, Frosty..." Elsa said after some time.
"*scoff* Frosty?" I asked. It's actually pretty cute!
"New nickname! Now about that getting in trouble thing..."
"I know, I know! Sorry... But it was fun, right?"
"*giggle* Yeah, I guess. It was the most fun I've had since I got here, so..."
"Yeah! Me too! *silence* Alright, we'll be stuck with each other for the next two weeks, right? But don't worry! After that, there's gonna be only one month left, so if you want, I'm willing to leave you alone..."

"Oh, how generous! But it's fine... You don't have to, because... you're cool, you know?" She said. God, that makes me feel good!
"Why, thank you! *chuckle* You're pretty cool, too, just so you know..." I answered. She... She really is...

Elsa's POV:

I can't believe me and Jack are actually bonding... Well, not "bonding", but like, getting along more... I would've never guessed he was so cool and everything. And funny, too! I mean, I actually think his jokes are funny, now! Why is that?!

Anyway, it took us like 4 hours to clean everything up! By the time we were done, it was like, 8 at night, so we had to go back to our houses and just... get to sleep.

"I'm sorry..." Jack said when we were walking.
"For what?" I asked.
"For getting you in trouble..."
"Yeah, well, you already apologized for that!"
"... and for just being such a jackass to you!" I giggled. "What?"
"Oh, nothing!"
"No, tell me!"
"Jack-ass was my nickname for you..."

"Oh, really?! *scoff* How nice of you to just... call me that!" Jack said.
"Please don't be mad!" I cried.
"Well... I guess that... by the way I treated you before... I kinda deserved it... Mine for you is Elsie... But Elsa's already short enough, so..."
"*chuckle* It really is, isn't it?"
"*scoff* Yeah! Did I ever tell you it's a pretty name?"
"Not that I can recall... But thanks either way..."

I smiled and so did he. He has a really white smile! A nice one too, but also white...

We had reached our houses and had to say our goodnights...

"Goodnight, Jack!"
"Goodnight, M'lady! See you tomorrow at breakfast!"
"*chuckle* You, too!"

As I was about to open the door, I looked back, only to see that he looked back, too. What does it mean when someone looks back to look at you? He waved at me one last time and I did the same. I went in and saw that Anna, Merida and Rapunzel were all looking at me smiling.

"What? Why are you all staring at me like that?" I asked them.
"A few hours with Frost and you're already boyfriend-girlfriend?" Rapunzel said.
"What?! We're not! We... It's... *grunt* Nothing happened, alright! I don't like him! We're just friends at best!"
"*scoff* Yeah, right! Right now, you're listening to your brain... Listen to your heart for once! I know you, Elsa! You're smart and everything, but you always use your brain! Just... trust your instincts, sis!" Anna said.

She's right: I do use my head for most of my life... But to listen to my heart for... Jack...

It's just crazy...

Right?