Chapter 18: Falling

Jack's POV:

I can't sleep! Elsa's always in my head... I hope she thinks about me, too, but that's just... impossible, because she's so amazing and cool and I'm just... me. Wow! That is some deep thinking! Is that what philosophy is about?

On Sunday morning, I realized there was just 8 days left of Camp Kawiki, meaning 8 days left with Elsa... You know what I also realized? Well, not technically "realized", Rudy came in and told us (more like woke us up to tell us...) a very important news...

"Knock, knock! Hello, there, boys in House 5! I have some interesting news for you!" Rudy said while opening our door.
"*grunt* What?!" Flynn grunted, still half asleep.
"Get up and I'll tell you!" We grunted and all got up. Apparently, I'm the only guy that feels comfortable enough to sleep in just underwear...
"Okay, we're up, now, what did you want to tell us?" I asked.
"This week, you are allowed to use technology!"
"*scoff* What "technology"?! There's nothing here except trees!"
"Well, we didn't want to tell you, but your parents left your phones and iPads and any technology that you own, except for consoles."
"What?! That's awesome!"
"Yes! And wifi is available in the library and the main building."

We all looked at each other and smiled. This is awesome! Wifi! Here! This is awesome! And the best... It's Sunday! Meaning we get to do what we want! With our phones!!

Rudy came back to our house after a few minutes (enough for me to get dressed) with all of our "technology". We picked it up and went off in other directions. Hiccup went to see Astrid, but for the rest, I don't know where they went. I do know that I went to my special place.

We may have all of our electronics back, but I still enjoy a good book, especially if it's the final book of 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'! I did what I always did when I want to be alone.

When I finally got there, someone was already waiting for me on a lower branch than usual.

"Elsa? What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Well... You had a nice, quiet spot, so I took it!" She answered.
"You can't do that!"
"Watch me!"

She tried to move position, but in doing so, she fell off. She was lucky I was here! I caught her, but for some reason didn't let her go...

Elsa's POV:

"Th-Thanks... for catching me..." I lightly said. I'm pretty sure I was blushing. I mean, he's pretty muscular, so...
"You're welcome, M'Lady!" He answered. He put me down and smiled.
"*giggle* Why do you keep calling me that?"
"Because you are a queen! Meaning you must be respected and cherished! I shall do so 'till the day we part away!" He bowed.
"Wow! You are a very classy man! Who could've known!"
"Ha ha! Who could've known you had a sense of humour!"
"Oh, come on! Now that's almost mean!"
"*sigh* Sorry, M'Lady... I did not mean to harm you, I only desired a playful conversation with you, my Queen..."

I just rolled my eyes and he laughed. He told me he was planning on reading his book, but now that I was here, his literary entertainment could wait.

He then asked me if I heard about the last week's special treatment. Of course I knew! Rudy came barging into our house and told us the wonderful news!

"Same as me! He knocked as he opened the door! What's the purpose of the knocking if he just opens the door! No privacy!" He said.
"*laugh* Oh, Rudy! I'm gonna miss him! He may be annoying sometimes..."
"Most of time..." He interrupted me.
"All the time... but he's really sweet and very energetic!"
"That's for sure! I think I'm gonna miss the 'barging in my room without any announcement' part of him..."
"*chuckle* Yeah... I don't think I'll miss that!"

"You know what I'll miss most about this place?" He said after some time.
"What?" I asked.
"Spending so much time with you..." I didn't say anything for a while, but then  I spoke.
"*scoff* Me, too... You know, we could always meet up after school..."
"You are filled with good ideas, you know that, right?"
"*giggle* I know! I'm great!"

He laughed. After that, we decided to not climb the tree, this time. It's a lot safer, especially since both of us almost died at least once during our stay. We prefer to stay alive for the finale week...

We talked about books, video games and other interesting stuff, like our likes and dislikes that we still didn't know about each other and, for some reason, secrets that we never told anyone. I have no idea why we did that, but now we're really close.

after our little confession session, we went to the main building. There's this relaxing room where people would go to play board or card games, but now, it was filled with people on their phones or tablets or even laptops!

We sat down on this giant blue bean bag for two and started to look at each other's photos on our phones. Jack had this picture of his sister sitting on his shoulders. It was really cute! I showed him one picture with me and Anna eating big hamburgers.

"Where is that?!" He asked, looking at the burgers.
"It's like 40 minutes from school, but about 20 minutes from my house." I answered.
"And what's it called?"
"It's a local business, actually! It's called 'Tony's Burger' and they're so delicious! You should come with me one time!"
"Yeah! Hey, that reminds me! I don't have your number! Mind giving it to me?"
"Of course not!"

We exchanged phone numbers and we spent the rest of the day together.

Only one week left to spend with Jack, after that, only time will tell what happens next.

Today, I fell from a tree, maybe it's not the only falling I did in Camp Kawiki... Maybe I fell in... not that's silly...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello!! Posting this from school at lunch, so... Sorry for not posting sooner, it's school, so I have no inspiration... Anyway, I hope you like this chapter like you did the other ones!
-Maya's Stories 🐝