Chapter 23: Back to school

Jack's POV:

"Okay! All right! You can do this. You can do this, Jack! You are gonna go to school and nail this first day! Just don't panic and stay calm! Everything's gonna by cool and good! You got this!" I said to myself, looking at the mirror.

I always need a little motivation on the first day off school. I'm super worried to see Elsa again. We have seen, talked or even texted each other since we came back!

I didn't want to text her first because I didn't want it to seem like I cared about her. It's a dick move, I know, but I didn't want her to find out that I had a crush on her. It may look like I don't care about anything, and it's kinda true, but one thing I do care about, is Elsa.

~~~~An hour later~~~~

I finally got to my old school. It started at 11, because it's the first day of school and it's just used to settle in. It's crazy how different it and it makes you wonder if it's still the same building... I went inside and found out what class I was in. When I got to it, I went in and saw that there were only a few person sitting in the class.

I walked to the end corner of the class and sat down at an empty desk. For the next following minutes, people have been coming in my class and taking up the empty places. When I thought it was finally gonna begin, someone else came in the class.

As soon as I saw those beautiful blonde platinum hair, a huge smile appeared on my face. Elsa was in my class! This might be the first time I've ever been happy to be in school!

There where only three seats still available. One in front of me, one to my left and one random one at the other side of the class. I guess people don't really like sitting next to me. If only they knew how much I changed!

When she noticed me, she smiled, but tried to hide it by looking down. She began to walk in my direction and sat at the desk in front of me. Good choice, Elsie! I'll be able to mess with her that way! This last year of high school is going to be amazing!

Then the teacher started to talk about what this year's gonna look like and everything that we should know about our last year at this school. He briefly talked about the prom and our diplomas, but nobody really cared, since t was at the end of the year.

Then, the bell rang and we were off to lunch! I didn't know where to sit. I forgot how many people there were at this school! Ugh! I also forgot how much I hated half these people and the other half I really didn't care!

I sat down at this one empty table I found at the corner of the cafeteria. A few minutes later, Aster came and sat down with me.

"Hey! Frosty! Did you have fun during this summer or were you too busy screwing up everyone else's lives?" He asked me in his stupid Australian accent.
"I had a lot of fun! Fun away from you!" I answered.
"Ah! There he is! Sweet lil' old Jack! Always has the best comeback!"
"Ugh! Just go away, Aster!"
"Yeah... I'd rather be with my real friends than with some weird loser!"

Pfft! What a dick! He left me alone to eat my ham sandwich. When I had only half of my meal, someone else sat down. I didn't bother looking up. I just wanted to go through this day as smoothly as possible.

Elsa's POV:

"Please go away." He said to me while looking at his sandwich.
"And here I thought you had changed!" I said.
"Elsa! H-Hi! U-Um... *clears throat* Hey. How are you?"
"*chuckle* Wow! So now you're acting all though and serious? Going back to the old ways, heum?" I looked down, kind of sad. Great, Jack! Just genius!
"Shit, I'm sorry Elsa! I really don't know how to act! Will you find it in your heart to forgive me?" He put my hand on his heart.
"There's the sweet Jack I met at camp! *pause* *sigh* Is it always gonna be like this?"

"Ugh! I hope not! It's just all this school stuff and... It was different at Camp Kawiki, you know? We didn't know anyone and it was easier being... myself!" He answered. I actually understood what he meant.
"Yeah, I know... At least we're in the same class!" I said to comfort him.
"*scoff* And you're right in front of me!"
"Yeah... I should have thought that through! You're gonna mess with me, aren't you?"
"A 100%! You're probably gonna hate me by Halloween!"
"Oh god! Why did we have to be in the same class?!"

He laughed. We finished eating our lunch and went outside until we had to get back to class. There really wasn't much to do in class, since everything that had to be explain was already explained. Well, except for the fact that we had a surprise from our principal.

"Hello, students! Welcome to you final school year! Just a quick announcement, we have a new student! I know it's your last year, but he is very smart and he just moved here not so long ago! Please be nice to him, to help him fit in." Mr. North said.
"Who could it be?" He asked me, sarcastically.
"If it's Snotlout I'm moving schools!" I answered.
"*laugh* I might stay, just to mess with him!"
"Welcome to class B221, Hiccup!" The principal said to someone in the hallway. Hiccup came in!
"You can't be serious!"
"H-Hi, everyone. I'm Hiccup Haddock and... I just moved here? I really don't know what to else to say." He said to the class a bit shyly.

Then, Mr. North told Hiccup he could either sit at the empty desk at the other side of the class, or the desk near us. AS soon as he saw us, he smiled and walked over to the desk next to Jack and I. He sat down and after the principal left, the teacher that was watching let us do whatever we wanted.

Everyone started talking. I looked back at Hiccup who was looking at Jack. Frosty quickly looked at me with a big smile on his face and then back at our newly arrived friends.

"Hiccup! What are you doing here?!" He asked.
"Well, my parents were thinking for quite some time to move to this neighbourhood, but never really got the chance until this summer! While I was at the camp, they found this pretty cool house for sale and bought it! So... now I'm here!"
"But how did you even got accepted here?!"
"I have good grades, remember?"
"Of course you do!"
"*giggle* It's good to have you, Hiccup! Nice little addition to our group!" I said to him, enthusiastically.

"Hey! Hiccup, right?" Aster asked. Ugh! I already know where this is going!
"Y-Yeah..." He answered.
"What kind of stupid name is that?!" Hiccup looked down in shame.
"It's better than Aster!" I replied, trying to protect my friend. "Yours has 'ass' in it, so it really suits you well!"
"Shut up, Elsa!"
"Make me!"
"Miss Winters! Mr. Bunnymund! Stop it right now!" The teacher screamed.

Aster frowned and said: "This isn't over!" He went back to his place and I turned to Hiccup.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.
"Are you kidding?! I'm so more than just 'okay'! I'm fantastic! That was so cool!" He answered in excitement.
"The real question is: Are you okay?" Jack asked me.
"I don't know! I got chills, that's for sure!" I answered. Jack scoffed and shook his head.

The day ended and we got to go home. Besides all this stuff with Aster, this day was pretty cool! I got to spent it with Jack for a few hours, then Hiccup added up! It was awesome!

The same night, I went to sleep with a big smile on my face... This is going to be one hell of a year!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just really quickly... I wrote 1387 words! That's pretty big! That was all I wanted to say... If it's too much, just tell me in the comments and I'll try to make them shorter!

-Maya's Stories 🐝