Chapter 32: Breaking up

Jack's POV:

When I got home, I went straight to my room. I didn't even bother saying anything to my mom, even though she looked worried. I felt bad for her, but I just couldn't handle anything. I just... rushed to my room, closed the door and cried in my pillow.

A few minutes later, my little sister knocked on my door.

"Hey, Jack? Are you alright?" She asked in her sweet voice.
"Um... *sniff* Y-Yeah. Just... I-I'm tired, that's all..." I said, trying to sound okay. I wiped my tears away. She opened the door. "N-n-no! Don-... *sigh*"
"Jack, you're eyes are red... What happened?"
"I... I finally told her. And... she didn't care, so..." Things were becoming very blurring again. She sat on my bed next to me.
"What do you mean 'she didn't care'? What did she say?"
"She didn't say anything! I'm sure she hates me. I fought her boyfriend today!" My voice was cracking.

"Oh god. Jack! You can't just fight someone because they stole your crush!" She whisper-screamed.
"It's not that, Emma... He lied about the level of their relationship and he... he cheated on her!" I replied.
"Okay. Those are good reasons. I hope you messed him up good!"
"*laugh* I didn't, but it still felt good. *pause* Oh, come her, you!"

I wrapped my arms around her and gave her a huge hug. She's one of two persons that know about my crush for Elsa. Hiccup's the other one. And technically Hans, too, but he doesn't count.

Emma's probably the only one who understands me, even though she's way too young to have a boyfriend right now. Actually, it's better if it's stays like that. She won't get her heart broken that way.

"Please stay young forever." I told her.
"*laugh* I will, Jack. Just for you!" She replied.

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and she left with a smile on her face. It kinda helped. I realized that I shouldn't get hung up on this one girl all my life... But it's hard. Maybe I'll just wait a few weeks and, if nothing changes, I'll just... move on.

The next day at school, I didn't see Elsa until lunch. It was quite a surprise to see Hans screaming and running after her. At one point, he said "What?! That's insane!", so I assume she told him he cheated on her.

"You actually believe that?! You can't be this stupid!" He screamed, trying to catch up.
"Don't you dare call me stupid!" She shouted, turning back to face him.
"Look, Elsa! I wouldn't do that to you!"
"Oh, really? Why?"
"Wh-What do you mean 'why'? I don't need a reason! You can trust me!"
"Yeah... I don't think I can anymore... You know, I'm starting to think you never loved me... You only wanted me to be more popular at school... Am I right?"
"No! You are so wrong in so many ways!"
"You know what? We're done! I don't want to be your girlfriend anymore!"
"That's it! I can't deal with you! You and your stupid movies and stupid emotions and... And fucking everything! You are just worthless and you'll never find love! And just to make you feel worse... I never wanted to be your boyfriend anyways!"

Elsa's POV:

I could feel my eyes watering up. He walked off in the other directions, while I went outside to Jack's spot. It's actually the only place at school that feels super warm and comfy.

I sat down with my back facing the wall and started crying uncontrollably. After a few minutes, I took out my phone and went on iMessage. I wanted to ask Jack to come here but... I didn't.

I'm sure he hates me for choosing Hans over him. I mean, I would hate myself for something like that! If he went out with another girl, I would be super sad. God I'm stupid!

I didn't hear the bell ring, so I was late for my English class. I've like Mrs. White ever since she saw Jack and me hanging out in that hall. I didn't know she was so nice and thoughtful.

When I sat down, she probably noticed that my eyes were all red. She asked the class to open our grammar book to a certain page and told us that it was our homework. Mrs. White then walked over to me and asked me if I'd like to go outside for a bit. I did and she followed.

"Is it because of what happened at lunch today?" She asked me. I nodded.
"H-How did you know?" I asked.
"I heard some screaming and saw you furiously walk out..."
"Oh... Am I gonna get in trouble for coming in late?"
"*soft chuckle* No, no. Don't worry. Just... what happened, exactly?"
"Well, Hans and I were dating for like three weeks and today... we broke up..."
"Oh! I'm... I'm so sorry!" She is definitely my favourite teacher!

"Don't be. I heard he lied about what we did this weekend and cheated on me, so... I actually broke up with him... It's just what he said afterwards..." I said.
"What did he say?" Shs asked.
"He said that I was worthless, that I won't find love and that he never wanted to be my boyfriend in the first place..."
"That is really wrong to say! You know, he could be sent to the principal's office for that!"
"No, it's okay. Revenge doesn't amount to anything anyway."
"It's good that you know that..."

She put her hand on my shoulder and told me not to worry about Hans anymore. I smiled and she did too. We went back to class and like 10 minutes later, the bell rang.

When the day was finally ended, I sneaked off to Jack's secret spot. I didn't want to go back my house. I just wanted to be alone. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), someone had followed me there... It was Jack.

When he saw I was crying, he sat down next to me and handed my a tissue. I let out a small scoff, took it and blew my nose.

"You must be really happy right now, hm?" I asked him.
"W-Why would I be happy?" He asked me back.
"Because I broke up with Hans. Now I'm single and you can finally get down on me or something..."
"Elsa. You're crying. What he said was absolutely horrible! Why in the world would I be happy about the fact that you're crying? Elsa, just because you're not together anymore, doesn't automatically mean I'm excited about it. I just want you to be happy by any way possible. Just... don't get hung up on him for too long."

He stood up and left. I didn't get the chance to answer. I watched him go away, while I stayed there. He's right. I shouldn't get hung up on this dick. He used me and broke my heart. I feel really stupid.

I can't believe Jack isn't happy. The things he said made me realize that he really cares about me. I can't believe I let a guy like that go... I want too be happy too, and the only possible way I could be is... with him...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! New chapter! I finished this book I was reading for French class. That's the main reason why I didn't post sooner. I have another book to read, for English class though. So... I probably won't be posting so soon. Hopefully, I did okay with this chapter!

-Maya's Stories 🐝