seventeen

-Shane's POV-

My friends went the rest of the day with their mouths shut. I wanted Ryland to find out through me, and not them.  Although, he seemed too happy today for me to tell him. 

"I want to go to your house today!" Ryland cheered, jumping up and down.

"Sure, but we can't act like we usually do" I explained.

"Alright then. I can deal with that for a couple of hours" Ryland said.

We started to walk to my house when Joey's car pulled up next to us. He told us to get in, so we did. Joey seemed like he was fine, and not really sad like he was earlier. We talked a bit before he dropped us off right in front of my house. 

Ryland and I thanked Joey, and headed inside. My mother was in the dining room, typing away on her computer. She glanced up, gave a simple little wave, and looked back down. Ryland then ran out the back door into the backyard.

"Uno! I've missed you!" Ryland shouted out as Uno jumped onto Ryland.

"Uno hasn't missed you one bit" I sassed as I closed the back door.

"Liar. He loves me. Probably even more than you do" Ryland sassed back.

"Uno! Back off my man! He's mine!" I shouted out to Uno. 

Ryland and I laughed, and my mother was standing by the doorway. She had a smile on her face. I'm really glad she was accepting. I don't know what I would have done if she didn't. 

Ryland laid back against the ground, and stared up at the sky. I followed his actions, and Uno laid in between us. We wanted to hold hands but couldn't because of the fact of my father coming home at any minute.

"I love you" Ryland whispered taking his pinky and laying it over my pinky.

"I love you too" I whispered back, locking our both of our pinkys.

"Promise never to leave me?"  He whispered, turning his head tol face me.

I didn't know how to answer that question. I had to leave him for New York. It should be the other way around. He can't leave me over distance. I don't know what I would do if he ever did. 

"Well, you've got to promise never to leave me" I said.

"I would never leave you Shane. I don't think I ever could. I truly believe you are the one for me, and I don't want either of us to be with anyone else other than each other" Ryland explained. 

"I will always be yours and you'll always be mine. I promise I'm going to marry you one day" I said, scooting closer to him.

Ryland's face then glowed and flushed to very red shade. He leaned in just a bit and just gave me a little peck on the lips. After a couple of more minutes, we got up and went up to my room. I shut the door, and sat down on the bed with Ryland. 

He swiped through his phone, and I wrapped my hands around his waist, pulling him closer than he was before. He leaned his head down on my shoulder, and clicked on an app called Youtube. He put on some random channel I've never seen before.

"What is this?" I asked, pulling us both down to lay on the bed. 

"It's a channel called Clevver TV. This is one the shows they do on here called Cheat Day" Ryland explained to me.

"Who are these people?" I questioned again.

"This one of the left is Lily, and this one of the right is Joslyn" Ryland said.

"Oh, they seem pretty cool and nice" I said, pulling Ryland a little bit more closer.

"I know right. I would love to work with them!" Ryland said, sounding a little bit eager.