thirty-six

!!!IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END!!!

Shane's POV

(next day; afternoon)

I left the house, knowing my parents weren't there. He tried talking me out of moving on from Ryland, but I wasn't up for it. Why would he want his own son sad over some boy that was never going to come back to him? I don't understand why my mother told me to just wait a little longer. I've waited enough.

They don't know what Ryland has made me feel in the past couple of weeks. He's made me feel worthless, like I was just a piece of trash on the side of the road. He's made me feel like I'm nothing in this world, that my existence was just pointless. Sadly, I'm starting to believe those feelings.

This is the worst feeling I've ever felt. He made me feel so special for one moment. He made me think that I was his number one, his top priority. Then the next moment, he doing all the same things to another guy. He forgot about me and my feelings when he was with David. Now it's my turn to forget about him. 

I continued to walk the sidewalk as I heard footsteps coming my way. I turned around and it was Chloe. I smiled at her, so I won't look rude to her. She stopped right in front of me, and wrapped her arms around my neck to give me a hug.

"You look a bit down. Wanna tell me why?" She said, crossing her arms.

"Not really no, I think I just need time to myself" I said, backing away a bit.

"Seriously? Why not?" She begged, trying to get it out of me.

"Chloe, let it go. I'm not in the mood for this" I said, continuing to walk away from her.

"Oh come on! Stop bottling it up inside of you, and just let it out! Why is that so hard for you!" She yelled at me, sending my anger to rise.

"Just shut up!" I said, as I pushed her to the ground. 

She fell with a thud to the ground, startled at my actions. She got back up on her feet, dusting the dirt that had gotten on her clothes. She looked back at me not, her eyes showing that she didn't want me to push her again.

"I-I'm sorry, I just I n-need to go now" I stuttered, running back all the way home.

Chloe called out for me, but I didn't listen. I continued to run and run until I had finally arrived back home. I sighed as I opened up the front door. I ran up the stairs, and to my room. I felt so wrong for pushing Chloe. There was no need for me to do that, but I did it anyways. 

She was just asking why I looked upset? But then, why is everyone worried about me?  I fell into bed, burrowing my face into the pillows. I felt myself shed a tear as I quickly wiped it away. I then heard the front door open. 

I got up from my bed slowly, not wanting to make any type of sound. I heard voices, they were whispering for some odd reason. I pushed it aside, not really caring if it was my parents or not. I could care less if it was some intruder. I locked my bedroom door so that no one could get in even if they wanted.

After a couple of minutes later, there was a knock as expected to be. I didn't answer nor did I even try to get up off of my bed. There was another knock, as I then finally groaned and got up. I yanked open my door and saw my father standing there.

"Could you come downstairs? I have a guest for you" He said, sounding hopeful.

"I don't know...can I?" I sassed at him, making him roll his eyes.

"Don't be like that, come on. Downstairs." He stated before finally leaving.

I gave in, and made my way down the stairs. There was shuffling and whispering, making me even more confused. There was someone standing in front of the couch. They seemed oddly familiar. My father extended his hand out, motioning me to go towards them.

They still seemed a bit busy with their luggage. Were they staying in my house? Who even were they and why didn't my parents tell me anything? I quietly walked towards them as I then placed my hand on their shoulder which startled them.

They turned around sharply, sending me to step backwards. I gasped at the sight in front of me. I didn't ever think I would see his face again. His lips were parted, eyes widened, as he seemed surprised to see me too. He then smiled at me, I couldn't resist but to smile back.

"Hi Shane. It's nice to see you again" He said in the nicest tone possible.

"Hi Ryland. Didn't expect to see you anytime soon..."

_______

a/n: okay! THERE IS A NEW STORY OUT AND YOU SHOULD REALLY GO CHECK IT OUT! THE FIRST CHAPTER IS OUT AND I MEAN IM EXCITING FOR IT AND UMMM WHAT ELSE.....JUST GO READ IT OKAY GREAT I LOVE YOU!

<3