Chapter 7 - Bring it✔️

Charlotte's POV
October 10, 2016

For the past 3 days, Zach has been very reserved. He's had his head shoved in his phone and none of us know what's wrong with him. Every time we ask him what's going on his lips stretch into a smile and he'll just shake his head replying nonchalantly with "Nothing".

Mark my words Zach Herron I will find out what you're hiding.

Currently, all of us are sitting in the living room. Zach and I are occupying the middle the couch while the other boys sit in other places in the room. Zach's legs are rested on the coffee table while mine are draped across his lap. I'm editing a vlog on my laptop while Zach has his nose in his phone.

We sit in silence, yet it's not an awkward silence, it's a comfortable silence. Silence ceased to occupy the room when Zach melodious laugh filled the room as he continued to type away on his phone. The boys, minus Zach, exchanged looks of confusion before shrugging and going back to what they were doing.

I'm tired of this.

I slowly placed my laptop on the coffee table trying not to bring attention to myself. It happened so fast that almost I couldn't comprehend what happened. I snatched Zach's phone out of his hand and made a run for it. "Hey!" he called beginning to chase after me. I ran and didn't look back since I could hear Zach's quick strides behind me. I stopped to take a breather in the kitchen then I glanced at Zach's unlocked phone. I furrowed my eyebrows when I saw that he was texting someone that on his phone went by the name as "My Girl Ariii😊💖".

Zach ripped me from my thoughts when I felt him tug on his phone ,trying to pry it from my hands. "C'mon Char give it back." he whined. "Nope," I stuck my tongue out at him, yanking it from his grasp and backing up only having him come closer. "Who is Aria?" I questioned holding the phone up showing him the screen.

"She's--" he began but his sentence was cut short by the ringing of the doorbell. "Right behind that door." he replied with a smile. Once again I raised an eyebrow out of confusion. He walked out of the kitchen and I was right on his trail, following him. "What's going on?" Daniel questioned while standing near the front door. "Yeah, what's going on?" Jonah asked. "You'll see." Zach smirked grabbing the door handle. We all exchanged "WTF" glances and watched him pull the door open.

There stood a girl with long, dark brown hair covering her face. She slowly tilted her head up giving us a better view of her face. She had ice blue eyes and pale skin. She wore a Thrasher shirt with blue ripped jeans and black combat boots.

When she met Zach's eyes she threw her arms around him and pulled him into what appeared to be a bone-crushing hug. "ZACHARY!" Her shrill voice screeched, still hugging him. "Hey, Ari." He chirped while squeezing her back. When they pulled back, the others attacked her in a group hug while showering her with praises such as "We missed you!" and "Welcome back!" yadda yadda blah blah.

Meanwhile, I just sat there sixth wheeling quietly and staring at the wall. Wow, I never knew how much detail there was on this wall. It's just so wall-ish.

Ugh, I'm talking to myself again. This is weird, make it stop.

I awkwardly coughed breaking up their brief family reunion. "Hi, I've never seen you before..." I trailed off with the fakest smile on my face.

I swear to god if Aria is Zach's girlfriend I will--

"Charlotte this is Aria," Zach interrupted before pausing. "And Aria this is Charlotte." he finished pushing her towards me. She had a quick scowl on her face before she replaced it with a fake smile. "Hi nice to meet you." she spoke, shaking my hand. When she touched my hand I got a bad vibe from her but I just shook it off.