Chapter 35 - Thanksgiving

(a/n:This Chapter is dedicated to makaylamahan ! Thanks for voting and commenting!Love you❤️☺️)

Charlotte's POV
November 26, 2016

"Okay when we get in the store do not touch anything unless I say so. Got it?" Our mother informed us as we stepped out of the car. "Ma'am yes ma'am" we saluted her. "I'm not trying to be in here for a long time we only came for a couple of things" she told us as the automated doors split open as we neared them. We walked into the store and I got a basket.

I leaned over the basket and placed my feet on the bottom putting my arms on the handles. "Okay we need butter" Mom said as I began to glide through the aisle.

"Mom can I get in the basket?" I asked her. "Sure" she said looking over her list. "Yay!" I squealed and hopped into the place where the groceries should be. I sat criss-cross applesauce and turned to Jonah. "J can you push me?" I asked as sweetly as I could using my puppy eyes at him. He chuckled at my antics and grabbed the handles of the basket , starting to push me. "Thanks" I smirked at him.

We made our way to the dairy aisle and I reached over the basket grabbing the butter. "What's next?" I questioned. "We need fruit" my mom said. Jonah then hopped onto the back of the basket and started strolling through the aisles to the fruit.

"EEE" I squealed as the wind hit my hair.

We got a couple more things before heading to the cash register. I got out of the basket and was now walking on the side of Jonah. On the way I saw a bag of Sour Patch kids. "OOOH MOM CAN I GET A BAG OF SOUR PATCH KIDS?!" I asked grabbing the bag. "I don't care" she said as we approached a register.

I quickly grabbed the bag and tossed it onto the cash register.

"Well Well Well" a familiar voice said chuckling. I looked up to see Dave. Dave was a man that's known us since Jonah and I were like 5. He was the owner of the market that we were in and he was always a caring down to earth guy.

"Dave!" I recognized him immediatley from the hair on his head to the big smile etched across his face. "Hello Charlotte, how are you?" He greeted scanning our items.

"Good, what about you?" I asked beginning to bag our items and put them in the basket. "Fine ,actually" he said. "How come you're working on Thanksgiving? You should be celebrating with your family." I questioned. "Well I don't have any family left to celebrate with" he said in a disheartening tone.

Aw, I remember. His wife passed away and his parents died some years ago of old age.

Now I feel bad.

"Well you are apart of our family so I'm sure we'd be glad to have you over for our Thanksgiving get together" I told him in a happy tone trying to make him feel better.

"I wouldn't want to impose" he began shaking his head vigorously denying our offer. "No we'd be fine with it, right mom?" I asked putting the final bag in the basket. "Yeah that'd be fine" she said. "I guess I could" he said. "Great!" I nodded my head. I got a napkin and grabbed a pen from my purse.

I wrote down our address and what time to be there. "Thanks, see you tonight" I called out as we left. "See ya" he waved at us.

We put the groceries in the trunk and got in the truck. "That was nice of you to do, Char" my mom praised me. "Yeah, I felt bad for him" Jonah spoke from the back. "Mom and him are good friends , I've seen them talk." I said looking over to her. "Yeah we talk occasionally ,when I go there" she acknowledged. I internally smirked thinking something but deciding against it .