Chapter 8 - Hold Tight✔️

Zach's POV
October 11, 2016

I woke up to a stirring head tucked in my chest preventing me from seeing their face. I was actually confused until I thought about how I ended up here.

Last Night///////

The boys and I were picking out a movie while getting snacks for movie night. Mid-conversation we were cut off when we heard a door slam echo through the house. 

Seconds later loud thumping sounds were heard coming down the stairs at a fast pace. Once the noise stopped there Aria stood with a horrified look on her face as mascara streamed from her eyes leaving her with blotchy cheeks and mascara tears over her face.

My heart plummeted as I felt for her. "Aria what's wrong?" I questioned looking over her. "I can't tell you here." She mumbled looking at the ground. "You wanna go upstairs?"  I offered. She nodded, nimbly. "Hey, you guys can watch the movie without us." I told the boys. "Why?" Daniel began to ask until he saw Aria. Their mouths fell into an 'O' shape.

Aria took me to her room and sat down. "Charlotte bullied me." she cried wiping at her eyes. My eyebrows shot up in surprise. 

"What?! Char would not do that." I honestly told her not believing what I was hearing. "Do you think I would be crying for no reason?" She asked, her voice cracking. "Well, no.." I trailed off beginning to think she was right. "What happened?" I asked for clarification.

"She told me to stay away from you and that you were hers, she called me an ugly a** hoe and a worthless piece of sh*t." She hiccuped between sobs. I sat there in shock as she told me what happened between her and Charlotte. 

What the hell?

How could she do that? 

I mean, she wouldn't be crying for no reason... Right? I  honestly can't believe her. I really liked Charlotte, but knowing that she bullied Aria makes me really hesitant.

"Are you serious?" I asked, my jaw slightly agape. "Yes." she slowly nodded. I stood up to go confront and see what she had to say. Aria tugged on my arm, halting my advances. "Where are you going?" she whispered, her voice hoarse. "To go confront her." I spoke,  wanting to tone. "No, she's probably going to lie and switch it around." she shyly spoke looking as if she was on the brink of tears once more.

I walked over to her and brought her into my chest letting her empty her tears into my chest. A while later, she pulled back and stared into my eyes. "Thank you." She said her eyes still on me. She leaned in and before I knew it, her lips were on mine. 

I sat there frozen not kissing back. In my opinion, it was uncomfortable.

My mind drifted to Charlotte and what she had "said" to Aria.

I don't want to be pining after a girl who isn't who she says she is. I want someone who is authentic and doesn't put other people down. If Charlotte really said that to Aria then she can't fit any of those categories.

My brain quickly made up a messed up logic.

In order to prevent myself from getting my heartbroken I need to move on.

So I forced myself to kiss back even though everything in me was fighting it.

I felt her smile into the kiss and she pulled back. 

"I don't know if you can tell Zach, but I like you." Aria told me. "I like you too." I lied. 

"So... What are we?" she asked fiddling with her fingers. "We can be boyfriend and girlfriend, only if you want to be." I teased. "I would love to be your girlfriend Zach" she giggled.