Chapter 41 - Runner✔️

(A/N: JUST A HEADS UP THERE'S A-LOT OF POINT OF VIEW SWITCHES SO MAKE SURE TO KEEP UP WITH THE NAMES WRITTEN IN BOLD)

Charlotte's POV•
December 15, 2016

It's been a week since my party and about a week since I've admitted to myself that I love Zach.

For the first couple of days that I came to that realization everything was going great until I let my thoughts consume me.

In the beginning, I told myself to fight my instincts on not to trust people.

I told myself to let it happen and to quit working against myself because in the end, I'm only doing myself a disservice.

Yet now, the wall around my heart keeps trying to come back together.

No matter how many times Zach breaks it down, it comes taller and stronger than before.

Since the fifth day, I have been avoiding Zach.

I've drowned myself in work and tried to stay out of the house to dodge the boys' questions.

Oddly Zach, or any of the guys for that matter, hasn't asked me what happened or why I'm being so distant.

I want someone to talk to but all of my friends are busy and the boys are friends with Zach so ..... You can kind of see the predicament I'm in.

I was cleaning my purse out when I found a crumpled up piece of cardstock. I unfolded it and turned it towards me.

Shiloh's Sugary Sweets!
123-456-7890
7890 Cherry Avenue

A smile crept it's way onto my face as I remembered the day the card was given to me. It was one week before I got Toffee. The boys and I were walking in the park and I saw a lady with a dog.

I ran to the lady and I tried to contain my excitement while asking her if I could pet her dog. I laughed, doing so as we talked about anything and everything.

She gave me her card and told me to come over to her shop one day. I told her that I was going to come back but I never did because I was really busy.

But nothing's stopping me now.

I should go.

I wanted to be comfortable so I reached for Zach's Why Don't We hoodie and slipped it over my head.

I was immediately warmed up.

"It smells like him." I thought and hugged it closer to myself.

"Charlotte get yourself together!" My inner voice scolded as I took my arms from around my body.

I eased myself into some white ripped jeans to go along with the black and white hoodie and some black and white Vans.

I pulled my hair into a ponytail with a braid and grabbed my purse along with Toffee.

I wanted to tell someone that I was gone that way the boys wouldn't hear the alarm and freak or go in my room, not see me and freak.

I walked to Jonah's bedroom and stopped in front of his door. I knocked and pushed the door open after hearing a "Come in." .

"Hey, I'm heading out." I said looking at him as he laid sprawled out on his bed. "Okay." He nodded.

I turned to make my exit but was stopped when a large hand encased my wrist halting my advances.