Chapter32

I stood there holding the last picture of us hanging on the wall. Trying to control my emotions. I need him. I wish I could tell that whenever I feels like talking to him I just stood here and talks to his picture.
He always wanted to start a family but I was the one who kept him waiting and I'm really sorry for that. If he could only see me now, he'll realize. I'm not the girl who made him cry. He give himself I didn't see it. He died in me, I should've saved him. I wish you were here with me Robert. I thought I knew it all. How stupid could I be? I think of you and every memory makes me weak.
I'm coming back but I won't be able to hold you in my arms, I won't see you next to me in my bed, I won't hear your voice in my room. I lost you. I wish I could go back in time. Only if could've been possible.
I pack the last box and left for the airport.

I finally reached New York after 2 years. I can feel the air. It feels like home. I'm finally home after a long time. I wish I could meet Robert. I collected my bags and hire a cab.
It's just 2hours to go to home. I hope everything will be fine. I sighed a deep and plug my earphones and played the song "The moment I knew" by Taylor Swift. It's a long road to home and also the New York traffic. I decided to take a nap as the drive was silent and I was scared of facing everyone. So I let the music take me. Take me back to the memories of Robert and I where I'm wrapped in his arms.

Robert's POV.

I don't have anything to do. I don't know what to do? where to go?
I need a drink. I walked to the cupboards and pour myself a neat whiskey. It will help me focus on my present. I turned on the radio and just sat there drinking whiskey and thinking about Shana. I heard the song "Last Kiss" by Taylor Swift. It was being played on the channel. I increased the volume and just laid on the sofa.
I can related the lyrics of the song to my life, to my pain.

I still remember the look on your face
Lit through the darkness at 1:58
The words that you whispered
For just us to know
You told me you loved me
So why did you go away?
Away

I do recall now the smell of the rain
Fresh on the pavement
I ran off the plane
That July 9th
The beat of your heart
It jumps through your shirt
I can still feel your arms

But now I'll go sit on the floor
Wearing your clothes
All that I know is
I don't know how to be something you miss
I never thought we'd have a last kiss
Never imagined we'd end like this
Your name, forever the name on my lips.

Tears started running down my cheeks and making me feel wounded and stabbed in the heart. I never thought that a broken heart hurts this much, I can actually feel the sharp pain in my chest. I got up and switch the radio off. I sighed a deep and look around the whole room, it's all so messed up but I don't think I have enough stamina to clean it all right now. I need to take a nap, maybe then I'll feel fresh and it will also help me gaining some stamina for cleaning the house. I dragged myself on the stairs and finally reached the room. I take a quick look at my room, it's so cold and dark like some den. I need to open the curtains in the morning cause I can feel the humidity and moisture in here. It's not good for my health and second it stinks like poisoned food.
I threw myself on the bed and flew away in sleep.