chapter 6

At least the next day things would be back to normal. Josh had gotten his two days and tomorrow it should be his tutoring sessions with Chrisy, then work with Horace at his house as usual.
  The days were counting down to the tournament. Josh wanted to practice some more. He didn't feel he was good enough. He didn't feel ready.
Neither did he feel ready for the exams he had the following week wednesday that would determine whether or not he got a spot on the soccer team. But he knew he needed the practice and the sessions equally as bad.

   They all stopped to get food at Sharkys after school, with some other friends before heading to there various destinations. Kerry had a dance class, Reid had work, and Josh and Chrisy had their session together at Chrisys house. They sat outdoors to eat at there favourite spot and after chatting for a bit Bree,  Latavia and Brogen left.

Chrisy excused herself to go to the restroom while the others sat and bickered away. Josh kept on the look out for Chrisy because the closest rest room was a little distance away. Then he saw her. She came towards them with a look of terror on her face. Josh had been watching her for a while. Someone was following her. He said something to her. From a distance Josh could see that Chrisy was trying to get rid of him but he continued to follow closely behind her. He could not hear the things that he said from a distance but Chrisy was clearly upset. Josh got up from the benches to meet her without saying a word to anyone. Reid quickly notice and motioned to Kerry that they were leaving.

Josh got there first.

" Is their a problem?" He asked on arrival.

"No...everything is fine Josh" Chrisy lied. She was relieved to see him. Normally guys would speak to her and when she showed no interest they would go away. Not this guy. She heard his friends call him Tony and he gave her the creeps. He said nasty things and he kept uncomfortably close.

"Oh...is this your fine peice of ass?" He greeted Josh.
Reid's eyes shot up fast to look at him, then at Josh. Chrisy went to stand next to Kerry.

"...next time come alone Barbie. I can think of a millions things we could do without company. I've heard blondes are the best fun...."

Kerry held on to her hand and she and Chrisy moved away a few paces, so that she could speak to her friend.

Josh's breathing got shallow. And his fists clenched at his side. He took a deep breath as anger boiled at the bottom of his belly. Reid closely watched his brother because he knew him too well.

"Is that how you speak to girls man?"he asked trying to be as composed as he possibly could.

"These bitches need somebody to take charge...show them whose boss."

  Josh nostrils flared like he was about to breath fire. He lifted his right hand to strike him a solid blow but Reid caught it in mid air.

"No..." he protested. "Lets just go..."
Josh did not look at his brother. He gazed at Tony with a bitter glare. He said nothing, he only wanted to hurt him.

"Bring it Punjabi boy..." Josh's face got red with anger. He tried to lunge at him but he couldn't. Reid held on to him.

"Its not worth it Josh, we can't afford any trouble. Lets just walk away."

Josh said nothing . He did not break the vicious stare. Josh finally turned around reluctantly. Maybe his brother was right.

"That's right...run along...go cry to your mama... and while your at it ask her how I spoke to her last night."

That was the last straw. Josh spun around frantically wanting to shove every word back down his throat. Reid held on to him with all he had.

"Let go off of me...did you not hear what he said about your mother?"