Chapter 10

Late the next evening while Josh sat on his sofa with biology books trying to make sense of cells and their necessity, his mind drifted to blonde hair, blue eyes and pretty pink lips. His mind could only focus on Chrisy.

That's all he did lately. No studies, no pain or no distance could keep his mind away.

He vaguely remembered the touch of her soft skin against his when she embraced him at the hospital, and at the tournament when she had planted a friendly kiss on his cheek. He thought about the day before when she had slipped her hand into his. It had surprised him but it had soothed him so much it numbed his pain. Every moment of the previous week played again in his mind like a slideshow. How it tied his stomach into knots and sent his heart running away from him. He knew he had a crush from the get go. But now it was turning into something else. His feelings for her had intensified and turned into something that was so new to him.

He wondered if she felt it too. If she had felt anything at all for him.

Then suddenly, his cellphone rang and it forced him to step out of his thoughts awhile. He eagerly grabbed the phone up to check his messages.

Chrisy had sent him their selfie with the caption ' # our moment.' He chuckled softly to himself . Warmth surrounded him as he saw how good they looked together. It brought him back to the moment, to that night before the tournament when they lay under the moon. How silvery her hair shun under the light of it. How her eyes sparkled and the scent of her flooded his nostrils as if he had time travelled back to the moment. He imagined the feel of her slender arms against him, the taste of her lips, and then his daydream stuck there. He could actually taste the cherry chapstick she wore on lips that were warm, soft and deliciously sweet. His tongue parted her lips and entered the warmth of her mouth.

"Earth to Josh!"

"Reid!" Josh responded in fright.

He had not seen him come in.

"Why didn't you open the door? I was knocking...you were sitting here all this time and you didn't even...."

"I was about to let you In , but then..."

"Sure you were... I knocked, I called, I saw you through the window, you just sat there...where were you?"

He saw the phone on the sofa and looked at Josh. He knew his distractions must have come from it. He grabbed for it and before Josh could stop him he had the phone in his hand.

"Lets see what your up to." He said with a smile on his face.

"Give that back and quit messing around..." Josh said grabbing at it and Reid rushed to the kitchen to get away from him but Josh chased after him.

"aaww...so cute..."He teased as he saw the picture Chrisy had sent him.

"We were just hanging out...give it..."
Josh demanded, grabbing at the phone again. Both his range of motion and his breath short.

"Is that where you were a moment ago? Hanging out?" Reid continued to tease.

"We're just friends Reid." Josh said now actually holding g a palm to his injured side as the pain slowed him.

Reid handed Josh back his phone only on account of the terrible injury he was nursing.

"So you've said" he replied "...and your okay with that?" He couldn't help but ask.

Josh hesitated for a couple seconds.

"Yeah...of course..." He responded.

"Fine, but for what its worth, you guys look good together."