Chapter 66

Chrisy stepped outside.

Ambushed by the sun, she squinted her eyes at the car in front of her. She slowly walked towards it the moment her eyes cleared.

Josh unfolded from the backseat. It felt good to have his feet stretched out again. His eyes surveyed every last detail of landscape. It wasn't his house, but it had become home to him and he was glad to be back.

He turned towards the house with his bag in hand and that's when he saw her. Hair blowing gently in the wind, and ray's of sun glinting wickedly off the streaks of gold in it. Then she smiled the smile he'd die for, the smile that bound him to her. The smile that just now made his heart stop and his blood freeze in his veins.

Chrisy froze at the first sight of him. Her brain unable to process, unable to give her commands. Then slowly she moved towards him, momentum gathering with every step. The space between them did not disappear fast enough and her strides became a soft canter. She hurried herself to be in his arms.

"Chrisy..." He whispered her name off of his tongue, and it sounded like a song. She seemed to be making her way towards him but it was taking too long, like slow motion in a film. He moved towards her in that moment, when nothing else existed except the desire to touch her. The closer she got the greater the anxiety grew. He droppeppppd his bag to the pavement and advance towards her, then she was there, in his arms and he held on for dear life for fear he'd loose her again. The scent of her against the scent of the peonies in the front garden, the softness of her skin, the silk of every strand of hair on her head. He felt her. She was really there.

She wrapped herself in him, around him, as if she feared he might disappear again. She held on for dear life. Savoring his fragrance, the hardness of his body and the softness as his skin touching hers. She'd imagine what it would have felt like when they'd reunited, but this pounding in her chest, the wild throbbing of her pulse, the rush of blood to her head and the orbs of light that seemed to surround only them, was way beyond what her imagination could have conjured.

When they finally found the courage to release their embrace, they pulled away slightly, to study and to fill their eyes with every detail it had been eager to view.

"Your crying,"

The first thing he noticed was her wet eyes.

"Your hurt," she replied.

"What happened?" They both asked, almost unanimously. It brought a chuckle out of her and Josh smiled.

"I couldn't wait to get back, to see you, to hear that laugh again..." he touched a hand to her hair. "...your dressed up...where are you going?"

"I was...I was going to find you..."

"Where?"

His eyes widened questioningly, they searched hers for answers.

Chrisys eyes shun with tears again, from embarrassment yes, but also raw emotion as the reality of her answer hit her.

"I dont know..."

Stunned he stared. Was she honestly prepared to walk away from everything she'd ever known for such unsurity. Even though her words hadn't said I love you, her answer in that moment confirmed she did.

He'd asked himself so many times when he might finally taste her pretty mouth again,
and now he did. Without any warning he pressed his lips against hers driven by unreserved passion. He felt her body go taute, then gradually soften again under his touch, under the stroke of his hand, the pull his body had on hers, like magnet to steal.

Her eyes fell shut. And her hands fell limp at her sides when he caught her off guard. Then she awoke at the warmth of his tongue sliding against her parted lips. Now her hands ached to touch skin and hard muscle. Out in the open with the wind stoking their skin, they fell in love again. Just as the sunshine smiled down on them, so did Horace and Maria.