Chapter 4

Sept. 4, 2028

"On this day thirty-eight years ago, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl." My mother narrated over the phone. I chuckle and removed the phone from my right ear and placed it on my left so that I could reach for my heels that I was going to wear for the night.

"Mom is this really necessary?"

"Are you interrupting me?" I giggled and told her no. "Anyways like I was saying. My one and only child was born on this day and even though I went through hell during the delivery, it was worth it when I heard those beautiful cries. Happy birthday baby!"

"Aw thank you mama."

"My baby is almost 40, can you believe that." Okay now she's ruining the moment. I did not need her to bring up the fact that I would be 40 soon.

"I did not need that reminder, I look good for my age so for here on out I am telling people I am 35."

My mother laughed, "You sure do baby but you can thank me for that. Got all your good looks from your mama." And I thank God for that as well because Lord knows I am happy that I do not resemble Mathew.

"So, anyways all you're doing tonight is having the dinner, right?"

I walked out the closet and went back to sit on the bed, "Yup, I don't want to do anything else but enjoy some good food, drinks, and just have a great time with the people I love."

"Aw okay, I was just making sure that nothing changed. But let me get off this phone and find something to wear." I told my mother bye and hung up.

I got up from the bed and went back over to the dresser so that I could lotion my body up. It was close to being 4'o clock and I plan on leaving out of here by at least 4:30 so that I could make sure everything was set up like I wanted.

I was having a birthday dinner at a very popular lounge. I was able to book the place from 5pm to 12 am. Starting at 5:30pm it would be the dinner. I had it plan where there was different selection of seafood to choose from for the adults and since I know that there will be kids as well, I kept it simple and had their dinner to be chicken tenders and fries. The dinner will be lasting until 7 pm which will be the start of the open bar. I don't want to get too drunk since the kids will be there but it isn't a promise.

While I was lotioning up my body and humming Monica's Love All Over Me to myself, I saw from the corner of my eyes Shawn walking in the room with 4 big boxes in his hands. I bit my lip in excitement as I already knew those gifts were for me. He walked over to his side of the bed and sat them down.

"Are those for me?" I asked trying to seem clueless. I walked over to him as he laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

I immediately gasped when I saw what the boxes were.

"I'm guessing this was more so for you than me."

He gave me a stupid grin and laughed again, "Ion know I mean you were talking about how you needed some more lingerie so I thought I would be doing you a favor. Happy birthday ma." I playfully rolled my eyes then kissed him on the lips. I can't lie though, I love their lingerie, I be feeling hella sexy when I put them on.

"Thank you, baby, I appreciate my gifts."

"No problem babe, now get ready. Don't want you late for your own party." He slapped my ass then watch it jiggle since it was sitting in a thong. "Please hurry up and get dressed before I put a hurtin on you."

I gave him a seductive look before walking away. I wouldn't mind getting a quickie in before this dinner. It's been a minute since Shawn and I had sex so being a couple minutes late wouldn't hurt anyone.